Diablo DS

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by SynGamer, Jan 18, 2007.

Jan 18, 2007

Diablo DS by SynGamer at 6:40 AM (1,372 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. SynGamer
    OP

Member SynGamer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ok, first, sorry if this has already been posted. Second, i have no programming skills what-so-ever...

With that said, after seeing noda's Warcraft: Tower Defense port for the DS, it MUST be possible for someone to port Diablo (1) to the DS...the stylus would be perfect and as shown in W:TD, both screens would be useful. Any chance of someone attempting this?

2. hidid

Newcomer hidid Newbie

Germany
    Warcraft: Tower Defense isn't a warcraft 3 emulation.. as far as i know it's just a homebrew application using the game mechanics of the warcraft 3 mod..

so imagine yourself if it's likely that someone's programming a diablo-like homebrew for the ds..

3. nloding

Member nloding GBAtemp Fan

United States
    From what I understand, noda programmed it from scratch, and it's "based" on Tower Defense ... not a "port" of it, and there is a huge difference between the two.

That said, it is possible to get Diablo on the DS, but it would require and intense amount of work that I don't think people are likely to do. If only Diablo was DOS and ScummVM would work ........

4. MoNoXiD3

Newcomer MoNoXiD3 Member

Canada
    DSVNC or DS2WIN.

Laggy as hell, but eh, it works!