Homebrew WIP dhewm3-nx - a Doom 3 port

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sounds like some files in the the base folder are read only.
Try remove read only if thats the case..
Everything has the read only box NOT checked. So its not case...
At 65-70% it just gives up with loading the game/level and returns to sx_installer..

Last edited by Chrisssj2,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Correct me if I'm wrong, but does this port work with the Doom 3 BFG release on Steam, or only clean Doom 3 (Steam)?
I am wondering since I am not sure which one to get from Steam to use with this Homebrew app on the Switch.
For Resurrection of Evil I'm guessing is just the only one available on Steam.

phreaksho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if I'm wrong, but does this port work with the Doom 3 BFG release on Steam, or only clean Doom 3 (Steam)?
I am wondering since I am not sure which one to get from Steam to use with this Homebrew app on the Switch.
For Resurrection of Evil I'm guessing is just the only one available on Steam.
Not the bfg edition. Just get the standard games

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Not the bfg edition. Just get the standard games
Ah so I was right.
It's just standard Doom 3, not the BFG edition.
Does anyone know if mods for Doom 3 do work?
I'm looking for the Duck-tape mod specifically. Switching between flashlight and weapons is such a nuance lol

Mikep90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how you get it to work. I downloaded the file needed to do Just copy the file pak005.pk4 in your Doom3/base directory is called pak105. Do i have to rename it to pak005 because i rename it and the mod doesnt seem to work. I still have to toggle between gun and flashlight .

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
how you get it to work. I downloaded the file needed to do Just copy the file pak005.pk4 in your Doom3/base directory is called pak105. Do i have to rename it to pak005 because i rename it and the mod doesnt seem to work. I still have to toggle between gun and flashlight .
Have you tried by just copying the pak105 file directly into the /base/ folder?

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
i love doom3, but i dont want to play it if it runs poorly..How is the perfomance atm? is it worth setting all up and playing on switch? Last time i checked was couple of months ago and it ran pretty bad with fps drops under 20

Csmrcc

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
i love doom3, but i dont want to play it if it runs poorly..How is the perfomance atm? is it worth setting all up and playing on switch? Last time i checked was couple of months ago and it ran pretty bad with fps drops under 20
Some people tested it with overclock, on the previous posts

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
ok, ive set up everything and added the line for overclocking into dewm.cfg.. it runs ok, but my fps jumps from 60 to 30 sometimes which is kinda annoying cause it slows the game .. can i just cap it at 30 or something then? is my oc working at all, how do i know? (i didnt change anything except oc in cfg)

Last edited by bad361,

barnhilltrckn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, ive set up everything and added the line for overclocking into dewm.cfg.. it runs ok, but my fps jumps from 60 to 30 sometimes which is kinda annoying cause it slows the game .. can i just cap it at 30 or something then? is my oc working at all, how do i know? (i didnt change anything except oc in cfg)

Iwas wondering the same as you and I'm gonna removed the line in the ini to see if I get any changes. I was gonna compile the new version myself but he needs to make changes for Libnx2.0. I'll post results after I test.

barnhilltrckn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the double post. There is definitely a difference with the overclocking settings. I went from 30 to 60 to 20 or under in the exact same spot. Most of the times its 30 and I wish there was a way to lock it on 30........I'm sure there is and I'm going to research some. Either way overclocking makes a VERY noticeable difference.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sorry for the double post. There is definitely a difference with the overclocking settings. I went from 30 to 60 to 20 or under in the exact same spot. Most of the times its 30 and I wish there was a way to lock it on 30........I'm sure there is and I'm going to research some. Either way overclocking makes a VERY noticeable difference.
Interesting.
So maybe capping the fps could make it work properly?

grabman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

how did you get it to work no work for me

barnhilltrckn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok sorry for not responding earlier, just been busy with the wife and kids. For the overclock just add seta nx_overclock "3" to the cfg file. As for capping the fps to 30 I can't figure out how. I have tried creating an autoexec.cfg file to the folder with seta r_displayRefresh "30" but it does not make a diff. I have also tried the same in the main cfg file but that doesn't work either. Maybe someone else could help out and I'll keep trying diff things.

oBluEx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok sorry for not responding earlier, just been busy with the wife and kids. For the overclock just add seta nx_overclock "3" to the cfg file. As for capping the fps to 30 I can't figure out how. I have tried creating an autoexec.cfg file to the folder with seta r_displayRefresh "30" but it does not make a diff. I have also tried the same in the main cfg file but that doesn't work either. Maybe someone else could help out and I'll keep trying diff things.

I'm currently trying to figure out how to Cap at 30 as well. It's completely playable at 30 FPS, did you try Overclocking with V-sync enabled?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
In theory, the following settings to the dhewm.cfg may increase performance when using weapons. I cannot guarentee there will actually be a difference, however.

seta g_skipViewEffects "1"
seta g_skipFX "1"
seta g_projectileLights "0"
seta g_muzzleFlash "0"

Some of these entries already exist, some will need to be added as new entries.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol