Dexter Premiering in June, Season 8 may also not be the finale.

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by gokujr1000, Jan 14, 2013.

1. gokujr1000
    OP

Member gokujr1000 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/01/12/dexter-premiere-moves-up-there-is-an-end-game-in-sight

2. MushGuy

Member MushGuy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    [​IMG]
    Sorry, I couldn't resist.

The Catboy and gokujr1000 like this.
  3. Icealote

Member Icealote My Winter...

Australia
    F*** Yeah more Dexter and its sooner than usual. I'm happy that they are still considering an option to extend it. I would be happy if it comes to a close then it won't be like Supernatural where they dragged that for 2-3 seasons due to fan demand and its gone to crap :(

4. gokujr1000
    OP

Member gokujr1000 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    I'd honestly rather Dexter end at Season 8 or 9 any more would be pushing it. It's really started picking up story-wise again and I'd hate for it's final season to be something like Seasons 5 and 6. And also in Supernaturals defence the real reason it struggled for two seasons was because of Sera Gamble taking over as show runner. She drove that show into the ground and now that she's gone for good the show, much like Dexter, has picked itself back up and started to make for some good TV.

If you haven't watched the first half of Supernatural's newest season I'd strongly recommend it.

mariofanatic64 likes this.
  5. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Nice!
    And so soooooooooooooon :o Yes yes yes!
    I'm still busy working my way through 7 at the moment, I waited with starting it until 2013 because that makes the waiting on S8 that much shorter (it's a personal preference :))
    Loving it so far

6. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    Please, please let the thing die already.

I just don't know how many more ass pulls and idiot plots I can take.

Guild McCommunist likes this.
  7. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Ugh, I was kinda happy with the show ending next season. It went horribly downhill last season and knowing it was going to end could mean it would either die and fortunately be done with or redeem itself and end on a high note. Prolonging it just feels like torture and really bad milking. You can only watch a trainwreck for so long before you get nauseous.

8. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    This is one of these cult hit shows that i cant get into either... I think im unable to enjoy good things anymore.

9. Icealote

Member Icealote My Winter...

Australia
    Seen it and its still half shit. Sam's a pussy and a whiny child (sure his character is suppose to be more innocent but this is ridiculously stupid). For me Dean's carrying the show with Benny and Cast. Dexter, I don't mind either way. They have better people looking after it.

10. nando

Member nando GBAtemp Addict

United States
    They need to have a definite end date for the series so they can at least give us a decent conclusion. I was really hoping season 8 would be the last

Guild McCommunist likes this.
  11. mariofanatic64

Member mariofanatic64 The guy who does things

Australia
    I'm hoping for a Season Eight end to this series. Dexter is great, but you have to know when enough's enough. I haven't seen season seven yet, (season six hasn't even aired yet in Australia, but I've got it on DVD.) but from what I've heard about season seven, I don't think Dexter will be able to maintain his double life much longer. It would feel unnatural if after eight seasons, all the heat is still off for Dexter and he'll go on to see season nine. Somebody has to catch him eventually.