Devolver Digital E3 2021 press conference - roundup

fb-share.png

Day 1 of E3 2021 continues, with Devolver Digital following after Ubisoft's act. The conference live stream begins at 4:30pm ET, or you can see when it will take place for you by checking the E3 countdown timer on the front page of GBAtemp. You can tune into the stream on Twitch, or you can keep an eye on this thread to see all the incoming news. You can also view it rehosted via The Game Awards.

:arrow: Devolver Digital Twitch Stream

It begins. They've got a skit lined up.

Trek to Yomi will be out next year.

Phantom Abyss is a multiplayer game, but an asynchronous one. You need to clear obstacle courses alongside others who are racing you in ghost form. June 22 early access on Steam.

Shadow Warrior 3 got a new trailer.

Wizard With a Gun is a multiplayer survival sandbox game, slightly similar to Don't Starve. It has a sketchy-styled art, with an isometric view.

This next game is a bit more action-heavy. Another top view game, you can use a hookshot-like weapon and reflect enemy attacks back at them. Death's Door, July 20th.

Card-based combat is the focus of this new game. You play card games to survive and then must do puzzles. Inscryption, 2021.

Demon Throttle is the next trailer from the highly skit-focused snarky conference.

That's a wrap.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Devolver with another cringey conference wasting everyone's time to drip-feed trailers.
Is there really a need to pad out 30 minutes with 25 long, terrible minutes of cringe?
Their attempts to be hip and cool with the kids is really sad. I appreciate effort but their effort is in all the wrong places.

Devolver is the "I'm not like other girls" of game companies.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Devolver with another cringey conference wasting everyone's time to drip-feed trailers.
Is there really a need to pad out 30 minutes with 25 long, terrible minutes of cringe?
Their attempts to be hip and cool with the kids is really sad. I appreciate effort but their effort is in all the wrong places.

Devolver is the "I'm not like other girls" of game companies.
I mean you could just skip the livestream and watch the trailers individually. I thought the way they mocked subscription services was pretty funny myself.

Looking forward to Death's Door, Shadow Warrior 3, and Demon Throttle. The rest looked a bit rough around the edges, even by indie standards, but I'm sure they'll be improved by launch.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Maybe Square might have something decent tomorrow.
Most likely gonna announce Final Fantasy VII Part 2, or something; I'd like to see Bravely Second's cliffhanger followed up on, y'know? The Sword of the Brave being a "key", expanding on Ringabel's job as a Dimensionguard (if I got the name right; been a while), etc.

Reactions: Lightyose

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Only Death's door caught my attention, and too bad it's on a console I don't own. I'll pass, or wait for switch release next year. (yeah, anticipating other console's ports)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: being sick still sucks