Country
Gaza Strip

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sadly I was absolutely right about the game. One more of "these" games for "this" console.

I would really regret my choice of buying this console - but Nintendont saves it all for me.

Edit: Damn, when I look back it was so obvious from the start: I bought the console at launch in the morning - and NO ONE was there. Nobody wanted that thing, there were no queues or whatever!

Back then I wondered why. :unsure:

Last edited by Bimmel,

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a reviewer that's given this a positive review? :P
lol I don't think anybody is even going to try to pretend that they enjoyed this game. A shame that Nintendo let this one flounder and die the way they did. They revived the project, announced it at E3 last year, clearly showing they wanted to give attention to this title that they thought would be a noteworthy Wii U release. Then they just let a clearly inexperienced studio have free reign, while the most vocal and honestly most stupid sounding developer to grace social media repeatedly lied about increases in general quality after the initial reveal of the revived project. Nintendo may just be the publisher here, but they also have developers and other studios under them that they could have had take part in the development process to ensure a quality product. I mean, why would you not make it a point to oversee development of a game you're funding, at least to the point where you'll be even remotely satisfied with the final product?

A shame too, as any hype the game once had is slowly being replaced by excitement from those that delight in playing terrible games.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

Nathan Drake

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
This game is baaaddd. It looks like a polished Wii game but just so so bad.

What ever happened to the multiplayer tower defense mode where you can beat people with watermelons?
I don't think the preview copies include multiplayer, as a few comments from previewers have mentioned "hopefully multiplayer saves this game". That or the multiplayer servers simply aren't online yet.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I thought I might have been going crazy, I thought I could have sworn I saw some crazy ass multiplayer built into D3rd.

Now that I think about it, I remember this game looking a lot crazier. Now it just looks sad.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Ok I thought I might have been going crazy, I thought I could have sworn I saw some crazy ass multiplayer built into D3rd.

Now that I think about it, I remember this game looking a lot crazier. Now it just looks sad.
Back in 2014 it looked pretty awesome and exciting but now, yikes... :(

Nathan Drake

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Going back a bit to the main topic:
First we heard NoA was passing on publishing this one. Siliconera confirmed it, and also confirmed another publisher, well known to their readers, was picking up the game instead. Then NoA mysteriously posted a Tweet that implied they were still bringing over the game themselves, casting the shadow of doubt on generally reputable sources. I had my own suspicions about that sudden contradictory turnaround, and although this report is far from conclusive, My Nintendo News seems confident in their sources here.

They said that NoA is only considering publishing the game themselves due to the public outcry over a game that, frankly, most people already thought was going to suck anyways. They go on to mention that XSEED was going to be the one to pick up the game, which certainly fits Siliconera's report, but NoA is basically between knowing whether or not they should bother with the game.

My guess is that after this exceptionally negative preview buzz makes the rounds, Nintendo will happily pass the game off to XSEED and go about their business as usual. People are finally seeing exactly why NoA may have wanted to pass on this game, not wanting to put the Nintendo seal of approval on such a blatantly terrible game, and I legitimately hope that NoA can still back out of this one and maybe put the publishing funds towards something worthwhile.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
British people write "centre"? You've got to be kidding me...
Just because we have better food doesn't mean we make the rules on what is "Proper" English.

Pick up a copy of the Economist sometime and you will find all sorts fun stuff like tyre, torch etc. Great "newspaper" by the way. Lots of words and few pictures. :)

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Just because we have better food doesn't mean we make the rules on what is "Proper" English.

Pick up a copy of the Economist sometime and you will find all sorts fun stuff like tyre, torch etc. Great "newspaper" by the way. Lots of words and few pictures. :)
Newspaper? What is this, 2006?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    ?tuw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yltcaxE
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ¡¡¡ tttoN
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ssssey ioBtneicnA@
    +1
    :angry: ¡¡¡¡¡ oooooooooooooooooooooooN
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ?draeh ton uoy evaH
    Gives you "The 🖕 BIRD" :tpi::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    :2lfor::2lfor::2lfor::ipt: "DRIB 🖕ehT" uoy seviG. *
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Atmosphere and Hekate both have been updated to support FW 18. Yay!
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Atmosphere and Hekate both have been updated to support FW 18. Yay!