Devil May Cry 3 is coming to the Nintendo Switch next year

aad91c4bc3d32ad9813e0a85c9c0a26447a8d375.jpg

Continuing the Devil May Cry saga on the Nintendo Switch is the third entry, Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition, which is headed to the platform early next year. The game will be a digital-only title, and will release on February 20, 2020, priced at $19.99. This follows Capcom's previous ports of the HD versions of Devil May Cry 1 and 2, which launched earlier this fall. Devil May Cry 3 originally released for the PlayStation 2, back in 2005.

:arrow: Source
Tags: [GAME=/game/devil-may-cry-3-dantes-awakening-special-edition.20545]Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening – Special Edition[/GAME] [PLATFORM=/platform/switch]Nintendo Switch[/PLATFORM]

Reactions: Zumoly and NoNAND

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm super curious at what nintendo has in store for next year, not really into this 13 year old Re-releases

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More old ports.

But more fool nintendo gamers paying what £20 per game when the full hd trilogy was only £20, talk about been bent over had shafted good n propa.

Id piss if cashcom try milk more by doing the full set as a one game.

Reactions: Deleted User

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just like I thought. They're probably converting the game code to work with ARM devices. With any luck, we might have a chance of getting DMC4 Special Edition and then we'd have to wait for a Switch 2 to maybe have a shot at getting DMC5.

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Shit I was wrong I thought ther was rumors of next game on switch called devil may port

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't go that far, the exclusive games are as usual with Nintendo, quality releases. The 3rd party support however is lacking
The exclusive games that might as well be ports, majority were, or that theirs very little difference and its same old rinse repeat game.

Nintendo games bore me, brings very little new, its the same stuff all the time.

Then nintendo lack the new fresh third party titles yet again, we find old ports of these great games nintendo missed out on the first time.

And sorry i dont buy a new console to play old games i already own and played many years ago.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tired of re release things and old ports no wonder Switch cannot be made with a brand new AAA 3rd party. Nintendo obviously haven't learned anything from Sony. Its underpowered system anyway. I will wait for Switch 2 or something but if it still didn't met PS5's powerful system then I will give up Nintendo for good. One moree chance, Nintendo. Please make Switch 2 more powerful like PS5 so AAA brand new games can be made or you are done! SMH.

Oh well.

Last edited by spotanjo3,

MadMakuFuuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
and this is why new games are no longer released. why go for the effort of making a whole new game if people just buys the old ones wrapped into a new packaging?

agreed. i mean, is not i don't like remakes and remasters. i like wen some old games (from ps2 era, for example) get new releases and devil may cry HD collection was good. but, release the same game over and over, no :(

Danker301090

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Now give it 9 months and i expect they will release a physical release to scoop even more money for an overpriced release.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tired of re release things and old ports no wonder Switch cannot be made with a brand new AAA 3rd party. Nintendo obviously haven't learned anything from Sony. Its underpowered system anyway. I will wait for Switch 2 or something but if it still didn't met PS5's powerful system then I will give up Nintendo for good. One moree chance, Nintendo. Please make Switch 2 more powerful like PS5 so AAA brand new games can be made or you are done! SMH.

Oh well.
Its nintendo, come on what do you expect.

I remember before it launched have arguments with the fanboys about this exact problem, and hey ho its happening.

Not like it hasnt been the same since nintendo started been cheap.

They have always lacked 3rd party support and they always promise each new console to improve.

Nintendo, 3rd parties will only improve if you provide the hardware, if you keep been cheap and focusing on gimmicks then devs wont invest on their bew titles porting over, the wii and wii u was a prime example of lacking new titles.

And then when sony and Microsoft push the next gen (tho not needed yet), new hardware, new features, new tech, the switch again is going to be left behingld, as it cam barely do anything this gen.

And the fans defend saying they dont care about 3rd party, nintendo get the best exclusives, which to the fans im not starting a war, but if you love the same old mario, zelda, donkey kong recycled gameplay and story (tho botw had a very shit story and failed to do open world compared to what we already have), then that is your opinion

I have mine, your entitled to yours but dont go quoting me refusing to accept my opinion then enforce yours, then in turn demand your entitled to an opinion, simply accept mine is not yours and dont quote.

I used to be a big nintendo fan back in the 80s and the decline started on the n64 when gaming started to change, nintendo didnt and still to this day its proven how behind they are.

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its nintendo, come on what do you expect.

I remember before it launched have arguments with the fanboys about this exact problem, and hey ho its happening.

Not like it hasnt been the same since nintendo started been cheap.

They have always lacked 3rd party support and they always promise each new console to improve.

Nintendo, 3rd parties will only improve if you provide the hardware, if you keep been cheap and focusing on gimmicks then devs wont invest on their bew titles porting over, the wii and wii u was a prime example of lacking new titles.

And then when sony and Microsoft push the next gen (tho not needed yet), new hardware, new features, new tech, the switch again is going to be left behingld, as it cam barely do anything this gen.

And the fans defend saying they dont care about 3rd party, nintendo get the best exclusives, which to the fans im not starting a war, but if you love the same old mario, zelda, donkey kong recycled gameplay and story (tho botw had a very shit story and failed to do open world compared to what we already have), then that is your opinion

I have mine, your entitled to yours but dont go quoting me refusing to accept my opinion then enforce yours, then in turn demand your entitled to an opinion, simply accept mine is not yours and dont quote.

I used to be a big nintendo fan back in the 80s and the decline started on the n64 when gaming started to change, nintendo didnt and still to this day its proven how behind they are.

Yeah but who else is going to bring these great new pokemon games (well half games. We will do this cheesy ass mega crap and cut half the mons noone will care.) to the next gen....oh wait damn wiiu graphics are better than this garbage. Lets sue someone.

Reactions: spotanjo3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I remember when the Atari 2600 was new and exciting lol
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker