Devil May Cry 3 is coming to the Nintendo Switch next year

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Nov 25, 2019.

Front-page
    aad91c4bc3d32ad9813e0a85c9c0a26447a8d375.jpg

Continuing the Devil May Cry saga on the Nintendo Switch is the third entry, Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition, which is headed to the platform early next year. The game will be a digital-only title, and will release on February 20, 2020, priced at $19.99. This follows Capcom's previous ports of the HD versions of Devil May Cry 1 and 2, which launched earlier this fall. Devil May Cry 3 originally released for the PlayStation 2, back in 2005.

:arrow: Source
    Tags: Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening – Special Edition Nintendo Switch

Zumoly and NoNAND like this.
    Discussion (33 replies)
  1. LuigiSuperStarSaga

LuigiSuperStarSaga GBAtemp Regular

Feb 23, 2018
    Brazil
    Closet.
    Featuring Dante from Devil May Cry!

Jayro and PineappleGod like this.
  2. Daggot

Daggot GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 3, 2015
    United States
    Nice

Attached Files:

Dr.Hacknik, leon315, Jayro and 2 others like this.
  3. andzalot55

andzalot55 I'm very delicious. mmmm.

Nov 14, 2014
    Canada
    Mc Donalds.
    "This party's getting crazy! Let's rock!"

-Dante

4. RedoLane

RedoLane GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 16, 2016
    Israel
    Oh cool! That's gonna make people feel motivated to play it on the go!

5. yusuo

yusuo GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 19, 2006
    United States
    I'm super curious at what nintendo has in store for next year, not really into this 13 year old Re-releases

6. Retroboy

Retroboy GBAtemp Addict

May 28, 2015
    More old ports.

But more fool nintendo gamers paying what £20 per game when the full hd trilogy was only £20, talk about been bent over had shafted good n propa.

Id piss if cashcom try milk more by doing the full set as a one game.

Torina likes this.
  7. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    It's a surprise to no one :ninja:

8. warweeny

warweeny GBAtemp Regular

Apr 25, 2011
    Netherlands
    more ports and same shit they always release.
    The "switch" was a mistake.

Retroboy likes this.
  9. Sakitoshi

Sakitoshi GBAtemp Official Lolimaster

May 8, 2012
    Chile
    behind a keyboard or a gamepad
    and this is why new games are no longer released. why go for the effort of making a whole new game if people just buys the old ones wrapped into a new packaging?

10. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Mad Dog of Rambling and Insanity

Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    Just like I thought. They're probably converting the game code to work with ARM devices. With any luck, we might have a chance of getting DMC4 Special Edition and then we'd have to wait for a Switch 2 to maybe have a shot at getting DMC5.

Mike_77712 and kikongokiller like this.
  11. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Shit I was wrong I thought ther was rumors of next game on switch called devil may port

12. yusuo

yusuo GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 19, 2006
    United States
    I wouldn't go that far, the exclusive games are as usual with Nintendo, quality releases. The 3rd party support however is lacking

13. Retroboy

Retroboy GBAtemp Addict

May 28, 2015
    The exclusive games that might as well be ports, majority were, or that theirs very little difference and its same old rinse repeat game.

Nintendo games bore me, brings very little new, its the same stuff all the time.

Then nintendo lack the new fresh third party titles yet again, we find old ports of these great games nintendo missed out on the first time.

And sorry i dont buy a new console to play old games i already own and played many years ago.

14. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
    Tired of re release things and old ports no wonder Switch cannot be made with a brand new AAA 3rd party. Nintendo obviously haven't learned anything from Sony. Its underpowered system anyway. I will wait for Switch 2 or something but if it still didn't met PS5's powerful system then I will give up Nintendo for good. One moree chance, Nintendo. Please make Switch 2 more powerful like PS5 so AAA brand new games can be made or you are done! SMH.

Oh well.

Last edited by azoreseuropa, Nov 25, 2019
  15. MadMakuFuuma

MadMakuFuuma Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2018
    Brazil
    agreed. i mean, is not i don't like remakes and remasters. i like wen some old games (from ps2 era, for example) get new releases and devil may cry HD collection was good. but, release the same game over and over, no :(

16. Danker301090

Danker301090 Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Now give it 9 months and i expect they will release a physical release to scoop even more money for an overpriced release.

17. RyuShinobi500

RyuShinobi500 Coder

Oct 25, 2019
    United States
    Neat I have played this game on the ps2

Torina likes this.
  18. Retroboy

Retroboy GBAtemp Addict

May 28, 2015
    Its nintendo, come on what do you expect.

I remember before it launched have arguments with the fanboys about this exact problem, and hey ho its happening.

Not like it hasnt been the same since nintendo started been cheap.

They have always lacked 3rd party support and they always promise each new console to improve.

Nintendo, 3rd parties will only improve if you provide the hardware, if you keep been cheap and focusing on gimmicks then devs wont invest on their bew titles porting over, the wii and wii u was a prime example of lacking new titles.

And then when sony and Microsoft push the next gen (tho not needed yet), new hardware, new features, new tech, the switch again is going to be left behingld, as it cam barely do anything this gen.

And the fans defend saying they dont care about 3rd party, nintendo get the best exclusives, which to the fans im not starting a war, but if you love the same old mario, zelda, donkey kong recycled gameplay and story (tho botw had a very shit story and failed to do open world compared to what we already have), then that is your opinion

I have mine, your entitled to yours but dont go quoting me refusing to accept my opinion then enforce yours, then in turn demand your entitled to an opinion, simply accept mine is not yours and dont quote.

I used to be a big nintendo fan back in the 80s and the decline started on the n64 when gaming started to change, nintendo didnt and still to this day its proven how behind they are.

Torina and wartutor like this.
  19. wartutor

wartutor GBAtemp Regular

Dec 25, 2012
    United States
    Yeah but who else is going to bring these great new pokemon games (well half games. We will do this cheesy ass mega crap and cut half the mons noone will care.) to the next gen....oh wait damn wiiu graphics are better than this garbage. Lets sue someone.

azoreseuropa likes this.