Devil May Cry 1 will release on the Nintendo Switch this Summer

MMgtEbI.png

Joining the litany of ports available on the Nintendo Switch will soon be the very first Devil May Cry game. Capcom didn't divulge any further details other than the release date, which is slated for Summer 2019. Devil May Cry saw its original release in 2001, for the PlayStation 2, and would later get an HD upgrade on PC/360/PS3.

:arrow: Source

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I mean it makes sense the switch is a port-able device!
Jokes aside i wonder how well could this game run on the switch as a HD remaster.
Here's hoping it's not a port of the PS3/360 version but rather an updated iteration.

Reactions: xenon

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Remember this?
With Persona's Joker being revealed as the first of five upcoming DLC characters, only four spots now remain, and Dante fans are hoping that one of these may well be reserved for him. Devil May Cry's current director, Hidaki Itsuno, has spoken about the character's potential for a Smash appearance in a recent chat with VG24/7, noting that the series has never been available on a Nintendo platform, going against Smash's usual system.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series

Last edited by NFates,

Jayammi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Joining the litany of ports available on the Nintendo Switch will soon be the very first Devil May Cry game. Capcom didn't divulge any further details other than the release date, which is slated for Summer 2019. Devil May Cry saw its original release in 2001, for the PlayStation 2, and would later get an HD upgrade on PC/360/PS3.

:arrow: Source
Mods may aswel remove my thread i posted hours ago

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Should be illegal to release a port on a Console unless a new game in the series has been released on tht console

Reactions: CORE

Axmand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
If they gonna bother with this one, they should release somekind of bundle of the first 4 games, not just 1...

Well, i suppose that after 18 years Nintendo fans will finally have their dream comes true to see one of the DMC games in Nintendo console, but at the same time i hope that Capcom dont expect high sales...

Last edited by Axmand,
Reactions: WiikeyHacker

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Plase no. Bayonetta last game was enough.
A guy with a sword? Yes, we need those. It's not like half of the roster looks like this.
I'm not saying I want him in, just remembering that interview. Never played a DMC game before.

With some variety in his moveset and balance patches, things should be ok. Doesn't he have anything to work off of in DMC?

reddragon105

Trophies
XP
Country
I aint complainin'.

Not a day goes by that I don't think of a game that I would love to see ported to the Switch. Must admit that Devil May Cry isn't exactly a priority for me personally, but anything that makes a game accessible to more people is a good thing in my book.

Odd choice, when Capcom could port the HD collection over, no?
Yeah, that's the weird part. Why just the first one when there's a remastered collection of the first three? HD Collection was originally made for the 360 and PS3 but was recently ported to the Xbox One, PS4 and PC, so it's obviously been worked on recently and must be the version that would most easily be ported to yet another system. If the current gen version doesn't run so well on the Switch they could always go back to the last one.

Reactions: Mike_77712

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...