Hardware Device to write ROM dump to actual GBA Cart?

ZombiePosessor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm wondering if there is any kind of device that will allow me to write a GBA ROM Dump onto an actual GBA Cart. I'm assuming you can buy the PCB inside of a gba cart and write to it. Are there sites that sell GBA cases, or stickers you could print on and stick onto the cart? I'm really just wanting to have "GBA" games sitting around, I'm not looking to sell anything to anyone, just having a cart to put in and play from time to time would be cool.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
You can get "blank single write" cartridges but I'm not entirely too sure where. You'll have to google this one.

And at that, I believe you can only buy them in bulk (aka 500 pcs) so it may not be worth your time. What's the diff from having games lying around as opposed to on your card? Heck I'm happy to have my games on the shelf while I keep a copy on my card, just so I don't have to lug all the damn things with me.

ZombiePosessor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hankchill said:
You can get "blank single write" cartridges but I'm not entirely too sure where. You'll have to google this one.

And at that, I believe you can only buy them in bulk (aka 500 pcs) so it may not be worth your time. What's the diff from having games lying around as opposed to on your card? Heck I'm happy to have my games on the shelf while I keep a copy on my card, just so I don't have to lug all the damn things with me.

Well shit, if I have to order that many, forget it. I was just thinking maybe I could get some at most 50, not 500 at once! I did this with my burnt PS2 games, I bought 100 DVD Keep Cases and printed the covers of the PS2 games and had a shelf full of almost perfect looking PS2 cases, and I just figured it'd be cool to do the same thing to some of my fav GBA games. Oh well!

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You cannot overwrite official cartridges. They're called ROMs for a reason (read-only memory). You can get blank write-once carts, as hankchill said, but good luck finding a way to get them. The GBAdev admin managed to get a couple hundred for the 2004 coding competition, but from what I understand it was very difficult to do so, and the supplier no longer exists. There are probably others, but you would need to order in bulk in order for it to work.

It would probably be easier (though not cheaper) to get some of the $10 or $20 re-writable cartridges from a place like DealExtreme and flash games to those.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DanTheManMS said:
It would probably be easier (though not cheaper) to get some of the $10 or $20 re-writable cartridges from a place like DealExtreme and flash games to those.

ODD that you should mention DX and writable cards Dan ...... DX have suddenly started getting MAGIC KEY MK3 +NEO key sets in again for $28
blink.gif
(check new arrivals)

I thought that those things had all died out with the Noah and his Ark!!!! lol
biggrin.gif

as above YOU CAN get the WRITE ONCE GBA ROM cards but whats the point unless you ..

a) buy in massive bulk and/or b) intend to SELL THEM ?!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.