Hacking Development question

M1r0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have not seen many development resources for the wii. I don't know if this is because people expect others just to look at others source code or what. A lot of guides seem to be missing. I was wondering if anyone could point me out to a guide somewhere, or if not, maybe post some information, and I might edit this post to include it. Some questions I have are, how do you get your program to interact with a cIOS to do functions like, edit the NAND. Or how do I get a program to emulate a channel from a usb.

M1r0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I have used wiibrew, but they don't go into much depth. Also, they don't talk about anything remotely IOS related, or teach you to use AHBPROT.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Sorry man. I wish I could help you more, but my QBasic skills won't go very far with wii programming. I think you might just be stuck viewing sources.

What have you created so far? What are you wanting to do? Do you already have devkitpro?

M1r0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've created very simple programs, can display images, cursor, copy files, but want to get more advanced. There seems to be kind've a missing link.

jskyboo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately there really isn't a lot of good resources for the wii. As you have seen already there are some basic tutorials here and there and the occasional one for user added libs but beyond that there isn't much. There also is the info that TT puts out about what they know, which you probably are already aware of. For the most part though the documentation is pretty weak and you will learn most from looking at what others have already gotten working. Its not exactly the best environment to learn to code if you don't have much c experience.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi +1