Hacking Developer Scream: Who was the best 2d/Metroidvãnia character and why is Sega Saturn Maria from Sotn?

Enigma Hall

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sotn is a more than 20 years old game but Maria still, for me, being the best character created ever.
If you want to create a 2d/Metroidvãnia game the character is one of your first concerns. It need to be fun to play and not overpowered to get boring. Maria is a type of mix betwen overpower and hability character. New players can enjoy her kit and have a full Metroidvania experience but experient players can push her to a alucinating run play using her power moves and exploring beyond normal players.
I can say some Important names of 2d, even not exactly this style like Kid Chameleon with this interesting helmet system, wonder boy lll and Metroid. But Maria is the most complete kit for me and I would like to see her again.
So creating 2d games like It, think about what can turn your character a unique experience.

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Sega Saturn Maria is a sweet treat we never got in the states... :(
I enjoyed her playthrough way more than Alucard's, because it's not extremely easy as alucard, nor infuriating like Richter in the reverse castle.

To even enjoy alucard's playthrough this much years later I hacked the game and set my level to "99" with stats from LVL1, which in turn prevents me from leveling up and getting better stats.
The only way to get HP ups is with boss fights or the ones scattered around the castle. I also hacked my MP to be something like 100 max (since they won't improve because i can't level up)
As for stats, LVL 1 stats unless i equip armor/gear/capes.

Makes the game somewhat of a challenge again.

Enigma Hall

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have seen so many remakes but these games have unique element missed in the sands of time. A sotn remake, a kid chameleon new game, wonder boy 3, new zeland story... Games I expected to play again as new games but lost.

Noizetank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Iv always wished the saturn version of castlevania could get an english patch or the extra areas etc added to the ps1 version that would be awesome

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s