• Views 49,753
  • Replies 328
  • Likes 18

Tilde88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hah, after doing a git pull, only retroarch had to be remade (connmgr), and the image. build took like 10 mins. ill test it, and if im allowed to, upload it. (only difference on this one and last night, would be that he fixed wifi GUI)

idk if last night's had the fixed PPSSPP core also

Last edited by Tilde88,
Reactions: Leonidas87

yesimnathan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I attempted to build this earlier & ran ito some issues. Luckily, I didn't save the log output and accidentally deleted the directory... so I'll just try again lol

Tilde88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I attempted to build this earlier & ran ito some issues. Luckily, I didn't save the log output and accidentally deleted the directory... so I'll just try again lol

there is an image. no need to compile. he uploaded it last night.

as far as compile, assuming you have all dependencies, there is a small compile error in the linux/include folder. 2 fixes for this error (if your error is barrier.h missing, the compile is going to work. if your error is bio.h missing or literally any other error at all, you have dependency issues-- the build scripts are phenomenal, everything integrated and automated basically. so yea, any error that is not barrier.h is an environment error. stay away from ubuntu 18.04, i wasted HOURS trying to fix that shit)

natinusala

Win32 error 31 is not an error
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hah, after doing a git pull, only retroarch had to be remade (connmgr), and the image. build took like 10 mins. ill test it, and if im allowed to, upload it. (only difference on this one and last night, would be that he fixed wifi GUI)

idk if last night's had the fixed PPSSPP core also

Yeah you should have the WiFi fix and fully working PPSSPP

Kelly525

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
natinusala - great work! Cant wait to see more of this.

I am having an issue with the compile, it is failing almost once completely compiled (I commented out the line with the error and it creates the image, but then the image wont initialize the GUI on switch). The error is: RenderManager.cpp:582:25: error: 'CRendererAML' does not name a type

Anyone else have this issue?

Kelly525

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I am having an issue with the compile, it is failing almost once completely compiled (I commented out the line with the error and it creates the image, but then the image wont initialize the GUI on switch). The error is: RenderManager.cpp:582:25: error: 'CRendererAML' does not name a type

I was able to move the include around to fix the compilation issue, however I still get "failed to start xorg, is your GPU supported?" once I flash the image to the card

Tilde88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to move the include around to fix the compilation issue, however I still get "failed to start xorg, is your GPU supported?" once I flash the image to the card
sounds like something missing in the build. i would erase the whole build and target folders, and run the make string as sudo

maybe even apt install build-essential u-boot-tools python python3 curl make --reinstall

also, for anyone who already has an image, and builds a new commit, rememer, you dont have to reflash the whole image, just update KERNEL and SYSTEM (plus .md5) on the LAKKA fat16 partition. going to test ppsspp now, and wifi :)

Reactions: Kelly525

Felipe_9595

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
sounds like something missing in the build. i would erase the whole build and target folders, and run the make string as sudo

maybe even apt install build-essential u-boot-tools python python3 curl make --reinstall

also, for anyone who already has an image, and builds a new commit, rememer, you dont have to reflash the whole image, just update KERNEL and SYSTEM (plus .md5) on the LAKKA fat16 partition. going to test ppsspp now, and wifi :)

Havent been able to mount it yet, I get an error while mounting the second partition

Tilde88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Havent been able to mount it yet, I get an error while mounting the second partition
check it in gparted and fix errors. should have a small 512 meg fat16 and a larger partition that fills the rest of your card. dont upgrade to fat32 when asked. good luck!

Felipe_9595

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
check it in gparted and fix errors. should have a small 512 meg fat16 and a larger partition that fills the rest of your card. dont upgrade to fat32 when asked. good luck!

I have the 512mb Fat partition but the other one is only 32mb , with the rest of my card being unallocated

Tilde88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the 512mb Fat partition but the other one is only 32mb , with the rest of my card being unallocated
as mentioned previously, you need to boot it so that it runs a built-in script to expand and finish the 2nd partition. after that it will shutdown, and you re-jig, and relaunch

Also, I am happy to report PPSSPP runs at full speed! Here is a clip of Tekken 6.
https://streamable.com/eer6e

Great work @natinusala

Also, when starting the wifi gui, as you mentioned, yes it freezes. interesting thing is, it does that crash thing. it goes into a black screen, joycon, and touchscreen works, goes back to main menu as if nothing happened.

to replicate : click on WiFi, while "searching" hold right bumper. you may or may not also have to mash YBA a few times (avoid X as it will bring up Search). at that point the UI will panic (i guess?) and just crash, and launch back up. you;; see the black screen and cursor while crashed. touch and left joystick work

Last edited by Tilde88,

Felipe_9595

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
as mentioned previously, you need to boot it so that it runs a built-in script to expand and finish the 2nd partition. after that it will shutdown, and you re-jig, and relaunch

Also, I am happy to report PPSSPP runs at full speed! Here is a clip of Tekken 6.
https://streamable.com/eer6e

Great work @natinusala

Also, when starting the wifi gui, as you mentioned, yes it freezes. interesting thing is, it does that crash thing. it goes into a black screen, joycon, and touchscreen works, goes back to main menu as if nothing happened.

to replicate : click on WiFi, while "searching" hold right bumper. you may or may not also have to mash YBA a few times (avoid X as it will bring up Search). at that point the UI will panic (i guess?) and just crash, and launch back up. you;; see the black screen and cursor while crashed. touch and left joystick work

And I said previously, I get an error while mounting, I cant even get to the point where the SD expands. I posted a screenshot with the error.

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the ext4 partition, is it supposed to have any files on it? its just a bunch of empty folders. when i got lakka to boot it was kinda glitched up but i just assumed it was because its not finished but now i dont think that was the case since i havent seen the same thing in others. on mine, about 1/3 of the screen is black and the icons in the menus are black squares. idk if there should be some touch input but nothing happens with that either. but i see the animated background running so its not frozen.

Proto-Propski

Legally Weird!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And I said previously, I get an error while mounting, I cant even get to the point where the SD expands. I posted a screenshot with the error.

I originally wasn't going to use this, but my curiosity got the better of me, and now I'm in the same boat as you, it's not worth taking a screenshot on my end as it's a 1:1 of yours, it seems like it won't extend the second partition because it can't mount into anything, for everyone else here's Felipes' screenshot again for reference, now if we're legit doing something wrong let us know, but as it stands now we're both clueless to what's causing this, and it's not like I'm completely oblivious to the scene either (can't speak for anyone else), but somethings aren't said enough, and they just get lost in the sea of reply's.

1527104846182158528250.jpg

Last edited by Proto-Propski,
Reactions: Felipe_9595

Kelly525

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I tried it, even started from a new git clone and still get the following on Debian 9.4.0:

/root/Downloads/Lakka-LibreELEC/build.LibreELEC-Switch.aarch64-8.2.5/kodi-a9a7a20/xbmc/cores/VideoPlayer/VideoRenderers/RenderManager.cpp: In member function 'void CRenderManager::CreateRenderer()':
/root/Downloads/Lakka-LibreELEC/build.LibreELEC-Switch.aarch64-8.2.5/kodi-a9a7a20/xbmc/cores/VideoPlayer/VideoRenderers/RenderManager.cpp:582:25: error: 'CRendererAML' does not name a type

D

Deleted User

OP
If @natinusala gives me permission, I'll do a wifi fixed build .

Takes a loooong time so...

Also, guys, this is not a release. Please don't ask for specific cores and stuff that you want. I don't know op but I know what it's like to have a project at hand and it isn't really fun. Please, everyone take a breath, relax, and let things happen naturally.
It is open soirce, and im not trying to sound like a jerk, but if it's super important to you please find a way to include it for yourself. Then, if it works out, you can contribute to the OP and push a commit or something.

Devs don't usually release things like this, because it causes chaos with people wanting everything to work out of the box and asking etas, and fix this or fix that... I can tell you, that it gets very demotivating... Fast

Please be mindful, and just wait. It is coming .

can you please upload the wifi fix or tell me what to edit , again ext2fuse fucked up my sd card -.-

Kelly525

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Fixed it, I got off of Debian and used 16.04 Ubuntu without issues

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: