Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Cyberpunk fans rejoice! The next chapter in the Deus Ex saga, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided was just announced by Square Enix. The game takes place in 2029, two years after the events of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and stars our favourite augmented agent, Adam Jensen, who now works with the Interpol.​
The game's developers say that it was designed from the ground up with current generation systems in mind. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is using Eidos' brand-new Dawn Engine (based on IO Interactive's Glacier 2 engine which powered the Hitman series) and is taking advantage of DirectX 12 and TressFX 3.0 technology.​
This announcement confirms rumours that were circulated earlier this week.​
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is slated to be released for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.​

:arrow: Source (GRY-Online.pl)

Reactions: Dax_Fame and migles

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
What a pity this diverted more and more away from the original Deus-Ex spirit. Just look at how nothing is left anymore of the true Deus-Ex spirit. Now we have only guns, violence, more guns, more violence... and no Deus-Ex... except for the name. And there I though they might get the curve to get back to the original spirit. Wrong gues... totally... wrong... guess U_U

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
What a pity this diverted more and more away from the original Deus-Ex spirit. Just look at how nothing is left anymore of the true Deus-Ex spirit. Now we have only guns, violence, more guns, more violence... and no Deus-Ex... except for the name. And there I though they might get the curve to get back to the original spirit. Wrong gues... totally... wrong... guess U_U
You don't have to be violent in Deus Ex: Human Revolution and I'm willing to wager that you don't have to be violent in this game either. In fact, in Deus Ex: Human Revolution there are trophies/achievements dedicated specifically to non-lethal playthroughs. As much as I liked the first game, it was pretty clunky even for its time and we don't speak of Invisible War on principle, so I'm quite happy with the direction the series has taken since.

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
You don't have to be violent in Deus Ex: Human Revolution and I'm willing to wager that you don't have to be violent in this game either. In fact, in Deus Ex: Human Revolution there are trophies/achievements dedicated specifically to non-lethal playthroughs. As much as I liked the first game, it was pretty clunky even for its time and we don't speak of Invisible War on principle, so I'm quite happy with the direction the series has taken since.
You mean brainless and skill-less OBKO (One-Button KO). Run up to two people midst in the biggest fire fight pressing a single button to get a you-are-invincible-and-all-NPCs-frozen-cutscene to drop two totally heavy-weapon-guys down to the ground. Deus-Ex 1 you could play through with tons of different play-styles (I did at least 8 different ones) and routes. With DX:HR you can't even do 2 (using guns is so broken-by-design it's useless) and linear routes. That's not a "direction" that's slaughtering a franchise :/ . With DX:HR-ML they went back into the right direction. Now they seem running off blind again. :wacko:

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tbh I hated the first deus ex. Clunky controls, poor inventory management and just plain ridiculous difficulty that was common in old pc games of the time. I'm sure the story would have been good, but the acting was pretty bad too.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Best part about this announcement is that the 3 Days stream, Can't kill Progress, was for absolutely nothing. Announcement got leaked (Thanks Russia).
This is how Square Enix wastes money on video games and then complains 5 Milion copies are a commercial failure.
If you guys ever want to be a Triple-A publisher and have first world problems, learn from Square.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You mean brainless and skill-less OBKO (One-Button KO). Run up to two people midst in the biggest fire fight pressing a single button to get a you-are-invincible-and-all-NPCs-frozen-cutscene to drop two totally heavy-weapon-guys down to the ground. Deus-Ex 1 you could play through with tons of different play-styles (I did at least 8 different ones) and routes. With DX:HR you can't even do 2 (using guns is so broken-by-design it's useless) and linear routes. That's not a "direction" that's slaughtering a franchise :/ . With DX:HR-ML they went back into the right direction. Now they seem running off blind again. :wacko:
I disagree. Running into the middle of a firefight is still a death sentence and there's plenty of alternative routes in HR, both in quests and on the maps in general. I'm not saying the game was perfect, but it was solid and worth the accolades it received. I'm a long-term fan myself and I enjoyed it thoroughly. As for MD, remember that this is a teaser trailer, of course it's flashy, it's supposed to grab people's attention. I'm pretty sure that showing Adam crawling in vents would be about as exciting as watching paint dry so I can understand why it is what it is.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Nostalgia glassesss ;/

Human Revolution did a great job capturing the spirit of original deus ex, just cause you try to play the easiest way doesn't make the game any worse. Personally i played full steahlth no kill so i dunno wtf you're whining about going gung ho.

Anyway nearly orgasmed when i saw the news

Reactions: Foxi4

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I disagree. Running into the middle of a firefight is still a death sentence and there's plenty of alternative routes in HR, both in quests and on the maps in general. I'm not saying the game was perfect, but it was solid and worth the accolades it received. I'm a long-term fan myself and I enjoyed it thoroughly. As for MD, remember that this is a teaser trailer, of course it's flashy, it's supposed to grab people's attention. I'm pretty sure that showing Adam crawling in vents would be about as exciting as watching paint day dry so I can understand why it is what it is.

It might also be nice to have a covert and/or hacking trailer though :)

I do agree with Dragonlord that the amount of possible routes in HR were a bit scares, more options are more than welcome :)
I stopped my mostly passive play trough when I ran out of tranquillizer ammo... and found the range was insufficient for my play style :/
Going Gun ho isn't a valid strategy, cos it will definitely kill you, I clearly remember dying after takedowns, because I was spotted during one...

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
As expected, no Wii U follow up. I wish they'd remake 1 and 2 for the Wii U at the very least, but I'm not holding my breath.
The Wii U has no chance of running this game anyways, it doesn't support DX11, let alone 12 or TressFX. It's not on the PS3/360 for the same reason.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well it could via a very watered down port with lots of work that isn't worth it
Pretty much, but if they went that extra mile, they might as well release it on last gens which aren't that far behind the Wii U in terms of specs except for RAM and have far larger install bases. Clearly the developers thought it would be either too difficult to make a build like that or that it would not be representative of the game they intend to make and would cause scores to plummet so they binned the idea out of the gate.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
This trailer gave me goosebumps, loved HR to the core! Can't wait to see what this brings to the plate. I better play HR again and aim for non-lethal gameplay this time..

Reactions: Foxi4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
No kidding. I finished HR on PC a few years back but now I want to grab it on PlayStation just to refresh my memory and get the trophies. :rofl2:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: Oh @RedColoredStars yeah thats sad :sad: i feel it.