Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut Coming to Wii U officially

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Guild McCommunist, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Guild McCommunist
    OP

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    Its been rumored that Deus Ex: Human Revolution would be revolutionizing the Wii U. Now it's official, and the features are actually making it more than just a standard port.

Along with your basic Wii U augmentations (Miiverse support, touchscreen controls for minigames and such), the game itself will be receiving quite a few new features. First off, it'll have all the DLC included seamlessly into the main story. Second off, it'll have overhauled boss fights. Yup, say goodbye to one of the worst things in the game. It'll also come with improved AI, better balance and combat, and improved visuals.

So really, Square Enix is giving fans something they did ask for. The rumored price is still $50, if the Amazon listing is anything to go by, but it may just be worth it for all the improvements.

:arrow: Source

2. Skelletonike

Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Dec 26, 2008
    Steam City
    It seems pretty interested, I loved the game, even though I usually can't stand games played in first person view. If I do get a Wii U someday, this'll probably be one of the games I'll have to get for it, this is one of those games where I can replay it several times and change the way things go, so that's pretty cool.

3. Hadrian

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    It does sound like they're doing a port just right. Square Enix/Eidos have really stepped up in the last few years, with doing better ports (their PC titles have been exceptional) and also rebooting titles just right too. Now if only Square Enix can sort out their so so Japanese titles.

BortzANATOR likes this.
  4. BORTZ

BORTZ "Another stunning Van Gogh"

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    And get my Terry's Wonderland over here...

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  5. Guild McCommunist
    OP

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
  6. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    Now that's how you update a game.

As much as I hope this does well, though, I'm also kind of hoping it tanks. It's a bit selfish, I know, but the opportunities for "Oh no, JC, a bomb!" jokes would skyrocket.

7. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    It had to be done

8. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    Now this is something excellent for the WiiU. If someone hasn't played the game and likes stealth/FPS games, this is the choice of the year. Especially if it has all the DLC, better gameplay and an option for a New Game+!

9. soulx

soulx GBAtemp Legend

Apr 4, 2009
    Canada
    What is this, a good Wii U port? What witchcraft is this.

But in all seriousness, this actually looks pretty nice. I loved Deus EX: HR already and fixed boss fights, integrated DLC, new game+ and dev commentary is more than enough to get me to double-dip.

10. KingVamp

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
  11. Rizsparky

Rizsparky Saiyan Prince

Aug 13, 2007
    The Future
    I agree, fantastic game.