Deus Ex 3 announced

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by FAST6191, Nov 29, 2007.

Nov 29, 2007

Deus Ex 3 announced by FAST6191 at 6:55 PM (971 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. FAST6191
    OP

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    This may be the wrong section but meh it is Deus Ex.

Anyhow Deus Ex was released on the PC several years ago and it raised the bar for FPS titles (story, RPG overtones etc). Now news of sequel and a teaser trailer (no in game just some imagery).
    http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/view.php?id=3454

Sidenote: anyone in need of a game to play for the next week of so I highly suggest grabbing a copy of this from a supermarket games rack. Specs while high for the time are laughable right now and no-cd patching is as simple as editing the ini file to get rid of the CD line.
    Multiplayer was added with a subsequent update and is not bad either.

Edit: my bad I did not realise this was very old news.

2. MaHe

Member MaHe one lazy schmo

Slovenia
    It was announced a long time ago. The first teaser is even out.
    But I doubt anyone will ever be able to produce a game as great as Deus Ex was. It's the pinnacle of gaming.

3. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    After deus ex 2 I can only cry at this. Leave it be , you did enough damage to the name with deus ex 2.

[​IMG]

4. cenotaph

Member cenotaph GBAtemp Fan

United States
    The game is going to be powered by the same engine as Tomb Raider: Anniversary (see this interview with the project lead). What the fuck.

Repeat after me: what. The. Fuck?

Tomb Raider and Deus Ex don't even play similarly. Also, that engine is one of the most shoddy, multi-platform pieces of crap I've ever seen. There's also something about using an engine designed for a low-grade, "appeal-by-the-lowest-common-demeanor" game for one that's going to follow up on one of the greatest games ever made (referring to DX1) that leaves me harboring disgust.