Hacking Determining the cause, some kind of weird brick

nasune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well I had a weird brick last night, so I hope you can help me with determining the cause (it is fixed already, but still...).
You see I decided to play Sky Crawlers yesterday, so when I started my wii (bootmii boot2) I wanted to load directly into the homebrew channel. This worked, but after a while I had to do something and turned of my wii. So 'bout an hour later I wanted to play a little more, and I repeated the process when suddenly my homebrew channel was gone. Bootmii couldn't load it anymore.
I figured I could just use the system menu to use my older homebrew channel to reinstall the new one. This did not work either 'cause the only message I got was the 4.0 EUR message. Still it was not much of a problem seeing as I had preloader as well, so I used that to reinstall the hbc.
Afterwards, I wanted my sysmenu back so I had to remove Preloader. All in all it was not much of a problem, except for the fact that now I can't reinstall Preloader when this has never been a problem before.
So basically the problem is the following:
1. Magically dissappearing HBC
2. Magically corrupted System menu
3. No more Preloader
And the question remains... What happened

nasune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
unlikely seeing as the wii is in my room, and the others here are pretty much unable to get in my room without me noticing (yes I am paranoid, still it has helped me so far
tongue.gif
).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.