Gaming Details on Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=226943
QUOTE said:
Hey, not sure if anyone already posted about this, I just searched and didn't see anything. Feel free to lock if it's already around.

The new issue of Nintendo Power has a big 7 page feature on Bioware's Sonic RPG. I haven't given a shit about Sonic in ages, but I gotta say it looks like Bioware might do the franchise well. The graphics are really nice, all of the backgrounds have a water color look to them and they all appear hand drawn. A rather refreshing change of pace. Battles look to take place in 3D environments. I haven't read much yet but it looks like you can have up to 4 party members at a time, including dopes like Big The Cat.

Just thought you guys would like to know. Anyone want scans?

-Cover Story with nice artwork
-In game graphics have a water color look, all hand drawn
-4 party members at a time
-Each character can do certain things ex: Tails can float over things (standard stuff)
-11 party members total - 8 known are Sonic, Tails, Amy, Knuckles, Amy, Rouge, Shadow, Big the Cat
-Control done fully with stylus - think Hourglass
-Able to split party into teams at certain moments
-Rings are used as currency
-No random battles, see enemies on the field
-Turn based battles, choose commands for everyone in your party before they actually follow through. Want battles to be fast paced
-Elite Beat Agents style special attacks
-Team attacks (like Chrono Trigger)
-"Fatigue Points" instead of MP
-Choose which attributes to increase when you level up
-Purchase and level special attacks
-Bits of story - Sonic's on vacation from defeating Eggman 2 years ago. Gets a call from Tails that Knuckles has been kidnapped by a group called the Marauders, and that 6 chaos emeralds are missing. Eggman not the main villain. But Bioware wants to make him a creditable bad guy again. Something about a "twist" between Eggman and Sonic that goes back to the earlier games.
-2 acts - first takes place in standard Sonic areas. 2nd takes place in a darker world
-Remixed classic tunes
-"fully animated cut scenes"
-simple dialogue trees
-Side quests

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
It's weird to see a Sonic RPG.. but I'm liking the details about this game.. might become one of the best DS games
biggrin.gif

PikaPika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never liked anything Bioware made, so I'll probably skip this like I have every other sonic game in the past forever.

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
This is hilarious. This game may be the first time that Surfer Girl has seemed credible.

She mentioned a while back in her blog that Sega would be licensing one of their franchises to a Western Developer to be turned into a RPG game.

I've got to try and find that link so I can prove it tho...

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is hilarious. This game may be the first time that Surfer Girl has seemed credible.

She mentioned a while back in her blog that Sega would be licensing one of their franchises to a Western Developer to be turned into a RPG game.

I've got to try and find that link so I can prove it tho...
The game's existence has been known since June. We are just getting the first screens and details now.

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Oh, I knew it existed but she pretty much predicted the title of the game and all.

"Sega is publishing an action-RPG called The Dark Brotherhood from a Western developer."
UNQUOTE

I'm trying to find the first link in which she pretty much predicts the entire game's inception, even before it was known to exist.

Here's the link I pulled that quote from: http://softrockhallelujah.blogspot.com/

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although the Sonic universe is completely uninteresting to me I am looking forward to this game seeing its from Bioware, I'm very curious to see what the story is and how they can make Sonic and his lackies interesting to talk to.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Looks pretty interesting. It's one of the most bizzare franchise shakeups I've ever seen though. Sonic + RPG + Bioware = ???

Hopefully it turns out really good. It certainly has the potential to as long as Sonic's shitty friends don't muck it up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: