• Start date
  • Views 4,736
  • Replies 42
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted_171835

OP
ZlVWU.jpg

@gibbogame: Wil be making lots of internet/digital related news going forward but nothing more today

Although there is no logo here, we are planning to release a totally new side-scrolling action Super Mario in 2D as a key title for the Nintendo 3DS in the next fiscal year.

http://www.nintendo..../120127/05.html
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/120127/03.html

Reactions: 1 person

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woo, new 2D Mario!

Finally not one like "New Super Mario Bros. Wii"?

Maybe one in 3D like how Kirby's Adventure is. (The 3D classic)

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
New Super Mario Bros (2D sidescroll)? For 3DS?

Don't they have a similar title for the Wii U?

Sounds... Fishy

Majorami

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno if I'm too thrilled with the second feature...DLC can be good, but rarely is it ever done right.
I agree... How dare they try to give us more content of games we love post-release. I for one spit on all those fabulous bonus skins and music they added to Dissidia. I mean who the hell wants to play as sexy Gunner Yuna set to BGM Final Fantasy 8's The Landing?

Reactions: 1 person

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno if I'm too thrilled with the second feature...DLC can be good, but rarely is it ever done right.
I agree... How dare they try to give us more content of games we love post-release. I for one spit on all those fabulous bonus skins and music they added to Dissidia. I mean who the hell wants to play as sexy Gunner Yuna set to BGM Final Fantasy 8's The Landing?
Look, I don't feel like making the whole DLC argument right now. Clearly you were here once, you may as well reread this thread, it pretty much sums up my point:
http://gbatemp.net/t...2-party-member/
When it's free, that's one thing (I love free DLC), but when you have to pay, as I said, rarely is it ever done right.

donaldgx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2D on mah 3DS D: that's sacrilege

On a serious note, 2D Mario sells better than his 3D counterparts, so it was a no brainer for Nintendo i suppose

Majorami

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look, I don't feel like making the whole DLC argument right now. Clearly you were here once, you may as well reread this thread, it pretty much sums up my point:
When it's free, that's one thing (I love free DLC), but when you have to pay, as I said, rarely is it ever done right.
Its only arguing if we keep going at it. I was totally contempt with posting a sarcastic comment and then forgetting it existed. But you just had to keep it going, didn't you...

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its only arguing if we keep going at it. I was totally contempt with posting a sarcastic comment and then forgetting it existed. But you just had to keep it going, didn't you...
It was sarcastic, but against my post, I'd say that's reason enough (though I said I didn't feel like making an argument, meaning a post that would "battle" your logic, so to speak). Not that it matters, this is a forum, after all.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I have to say if that thing about 2d mario on 3ds wasn't on Nintendo's own site I wouldn't believe it. Because it makes absolutely no sense.
I am skeptical as well, but about it making sense... They could always add 3D effects like Mario and the platforms popping out of the screen.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to say if that thing about 2d mario on 3ds wasn't on Nintendo's own site I wouldn't believe it. Because it makes absolutely no sense.
I am skeptical as well, but about it making sense... They could always add 3D effects like Mario and the platforms popping out of the screen.

You can certainly do a side scroller well in 3d, but it would seem a step backwards to me after 3D Land, which is really an experiance you can only have on the 3ds. Sure you can play it in 2d, but it takes away a lot from the game. Where as, you take the 3D away from a side scroller, you aren't missing much. NSMB was cool and all, but it does have its place.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
add-on content sal- this is going to get abused. aw. SON OF A BITCH.

I can see games coming out that will abuse the pay DLC system, like what we are seeing with everybody else doing.

After all, they pretty much said that they haven't been "active" on the lucritive online access business.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whats the point of a 2D mario on a "3D" system? :unsure:

>BAWBAWBAW NOT 3D ;O;

On a more serious note, its for people who complain about the 3D hurting their eyes or little kids. I have a cousin who LOVES Mario and plays it all the time. His dad didn't want the 3DS on the off chance the 3D hurts his still-developing eyes.

sputnix

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
@stanleyopar2000 people are going to be in for a surprise if they haven't seen this before :P

Strange how this is announced even though most of this stuff was already talked about [dlc for example] so does this mean that eshop will have a name change? [I doubt it but who knows]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free