Destructobot's Batch R4/M3 Simply Save Converter

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Destructobot, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Destructobot
    OP

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    All the official R4/M3 Simply save converter does to 256k raw saves (used by the G6 and the slot 2 Supercards, as well as some others) is it pads them out to 512k. I recently figured out how to do drag & drop stuff with batch files, so I wrote a batch script that will pad multiple files at once, without bugging you for filenames for each one.

I don't feel like typing up more of a description, so I'll just post the readme:
    Get it here:
    http://www.zshare.net/download/r4-batch-sa...verter-zip.html

2. other

Member other GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    It would be interesting if someone could try what I posted earlier (I still don't have a R4DS), but if you do, backup your saves in another directory first:

3. Destructobot
    OP

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    I've never used python, but I don't see anything in that bit of code that checks the input filesize before adding 256k to the files. If there happens to be other types of saves in the folder (GBA saves for example) it will produce odd sized (possibly unusable) files.

That, combined with the fact that it modifies the original file rather than creating a new one, seems... bad.

4. other

Member other GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    What you say is true. The program doesn't protect itself against stupid users. [​IMG]