1. 2,209

Front-page

Fans of the Destroy All Humans! franchise won't have to wait long to jump back into Crypto-137's shoes. Developer THQ Nordic put out a release date trailer, highlighting that the game will be available on July 28th, 2020, on Playstation 4, Xbox One, and PC. Pre-orders for the game are also now available digitally, allowing gamers who don't want a physical disc to put their money down now. Those who pre-order will receive a bonus skin pack with the game, allowing Crypto to change his look without taking over a human form. Two skins shown in the trailer were a sinister looking clown, and an Elvis Presley-inspired look. Destroy All Humans! will retail for $29.99 on PC, and $39.99 on consoles.

Ericzander, Xzi, wicksand420 and 4 others like this.
  2. Discussion (18 replies)

3. skinnyBIGGS

skinnyBIGGS Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    F yeah what a classic loved those games some of the most fun ive had in a openworld game ...

4. chartube12

chartube12 Captain Chaz 86

United States
    what’s with the 10.00 console tax?

5. Chary

Chary Please read the OP
    Senior Editor

United States
    Not like I was going to get it on console, but, okay then with that needless 10$ extra.

RyRyIV likes this.
  6. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

United Kingdom
    the better and no fuss version of course:D

7. jajamundo

jajamundo GBAtemp Regular

United States
    No switch version? No thanks

8. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

can't wait

9. Reploid

Reploid GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Serbia, Republic of
    Does anybody know if they actually redesigning the game, or it just visual update, akin to Spyro and Panzer Dragoon?

10. RyuShinobi500

RyuShinobi500 Aspiring C++ Programmer

United States
  11. Terrorize420

Terrorize420 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    This game was fun cant wait to try it in ps4
    But there should also be a switch version

12. DANTENDO

United Kingdom
    From the devs last year - “We can’t really confirm [Nintendo] Switch because it’s a pretty big game and a very visually heavy game, so we have to see if we can make it work on the Switch as well.

Terrorize420 likes this.
  13. ChiefReginod

ChiefReginod GBAtemp Regular

United States
    My heart says original but my body says remake.

RyuShinobi500 likes this.
  14. Xzi

Xzi GBAtemp's Resident Plok Expert

United States
    Well the price is right, hopefully it's a quality remake as well.

It's just laziness, this game is not that graphically impressive. Switch version will probably come six months after it launches everywhere else.

15. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    its a full remake like resident evil remake and upcoming spongbob game and so one, just look at the trailer and look at the original there is nothing hd remastered here, its built from the ground up like spyro and such just kept the same level design.

Reploid likes this.
  16. Reploid

Reploid GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Serbia, Republic of
    Thanks, that's what I wanted to know.

17. DANTENDO

United Kingdom
    Laziness lol if devs don't wanna waste time making an inferior version then thers nothing wrong with tht-sick of people saying why not a switch version on various games-when people bought the switch and heard the specs they knew devs may not make the big games for them - deal with it thts the way it is and I'm mor likely to believe ther statement over you unless you can prove yr a switch hardware expert

18. Xzi

Xzi GBAtemp's Resident Plok Expert

United States
    As always, your hardware supremacy rants are as amusing as they are misguided. :D

Like I said, devs have to go where the players are. Which is why in all likelihood there will be a Switch version of the game at some point. The console tax means I'll be going PC anyway, but giving more people access to the game is never a bad thing.

19. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    while the game is new it still has the same level design it did on ps2 and such so its not like its a game that needs lots of ram or cpu power becuase it was designed with ps2/xbox in mind so those consoles could play it, so the only thing making it look good is the asthetics and you can reduce the asthetics easily for switch.

the game is not more demanding than spyro trilogy or even doom 2016 or wolfenstein games let alone witcher 3 just look at it... sure they will take some months to get it running well on switch.

THQ nordic has been great for switch, they have been porting preety much all their games made for ps4 to switch with 1 or 2 exceptions and making switch physical releases on cartridge all complete no bs download half options and at great prices like 16gb cartrige on red faction remastered/both darksidders game and retail price of 29.99, so far thq ports were top notch and very fairly priced, i expect this one to follow suit after they get afew months to improve it for performance.

20. Jonnysert

Jonnysert GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    As a kid this was a thing you thought would happen when you got older but knew it probably wouldn't. Glad I was wrong. This is beautiful.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - available, Destroy, release