Destiny Digital-Upgrade Promotion - Upgrade from Last-gen to Current-gen for Free!

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Foxi4, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Foxi4
    OP

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    [​IMG]

Did you digitally pre-order Destiny for the PS3 or the Xbox 360, but you're planning to get a current generation system in the nearby future? Maybe you didn't pre-order, but you're planning to buy the game soon and don't know which version to go for? Fret not - Bungie has you covered! For a limited time only (until January 2015) you can upgrade your last generation digital version of the game to the respective current gen version for free! Follow the source link for details.

:arrow: Source

2. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    That's pretty nice actually.

Are these dates on how long you have to redeem the next gen version? I might buy the PS3 version now and then just get a PS4 eventually.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's until January 15th.

3. T-hug

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
  4. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Neat. Not so much helpful for me, since I'll be getting the PS4 version anyways, but still a nice gesture nonetheless.

5. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

GBAtemp Patron
    mightymuffy is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2002
    United Kingdom
    Wigan, land of the Pies
    Almost got me tempted! Would be awesome if Destiny was cross platform with this as I could buy either last gen version, nab the current gen, and play with one of the lads..... I think I'm the only person who isn't hyped for this game though - enjoyed the Beta but didn't actually mess me pants playing it..... Still, both the lads enjoyed it so getting 2 copies for the price of one is very tempting, might take the plunge... Cheers for the heads up!

6. Foxi4
    OP

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    I was lead to believe that the actual game servers do not destinguish between PS3/PS4 or Xbox 360/Xbox One - PSN users play together and Xbox Live users play together, unless I misunderstood.

EDIT: Nevermind, you're absolutely right. Aw, shucks...

7. Mario92

Mario92 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 20, 2010
    Finland
    Finland
    I know that developing a game to another platform does cost some, but this gen consoles seem to take full advantage of not being backwards compatible so it becomes awesome news that you can have game you already own and paid for free.
    It's also pretty mind boggling how every console is in their own little playground instead of playing with each other. I remember trying (and literally trying, worst game ever) Shadowgun Deadzone on Android and I found it really great that it told what players used iOS and what used Android. Made you want to kill iOS users more.

8. chartube12

chartube12 GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    Hmmm. May buy destiny sooner this expected now. This way I can still play with the friends who have not updated to the xbone been x-boned yet.