'Destiny 2' Showcase announced for next month

destiny 2.JPG

Bungie has announced a new Destiny 2 Showcase will be hosted next month which will provide details about Destiny 2’s next expansion. A new teaser trailer titled "No Escape" was aired for the announcement:

The next Destiny 2 Showcase will take place on August 23, and will air on the the Bungie Twitch channel.

:arrow: SOURCE

Reactions: Mama Looigi

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So more stuff "vaulted" (i.e. removing content people paid for), and still no removal of Tess Eververse, or whatever?

Yeah, no thanks. I've never played this series, but even I would say the game would be better off with everything unvaulted and with no repulsive loot boxes. Or, y'know, if the game actually ended and Bungie moved on to a new project with a relatively-clean slate.

Reactions: yoyoyo69

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Destiny 2 makes people seethe for no reason, I love it.

Anyways, very excited. The new story and the sick as fuck missions have set the bar very high. Can't wait to see Bungie outdo themselves again as they did with TWQ after BL, and BL after SQ, and so on and so forth.

• Haha
Reactions: BORTZ

yoyoyo69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So more stuff "vaulted" (i.e. removing content people paid for), and still no removal of Tess Eververse, or whatever?

Yeah, no thanks. I've never played this series, but even I would say the game would be better off with everything unvaulted and with no repulsive loot boxes. Or, y'know, if the game actually ended and Bungie moved on to a new project with a relatively-clean slate.
I've never played it and have no intention to. I've a few friends who were huge fans, until all the content they'd paid for was removed.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a reason; purchasing dlc that get's 'replaced' via a complete overhaul making it inaccessible before I even played it - played through the entire 'base' game, puchased first dlc pack, took a break from the game, upon coming back to it and firing it up I found a complete overhaul had made said dlc inaccessible and essentially reset my game back to starting from the beginning of Destiny 1!
Loved the og Destiny - put over 300hrs into it on 360, but Destiny 2 has been so mishandled that it's a joke.

IluaLinerin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

Anyways, very excited. The new story and the sick as fuck missions have set the bar very high. Can't wait to see Bungie outdo themselves again as they did with TWQ after BL, and BL after SQ, and so on and so forth.
Why people seethe over D2?
Removal of paid content with the excuse of "it's necessary for the plot!", NO IT'S NOT, it's Bungie's fault for not knowing what "optimization" means, needing absurd amounts of disk space, and having endless loading screens for NO REASON, when the competition (Digital Extreme with Warframe), has redone all the textures of their game with more optimized formats, to reduce both, loading time and disk space needed, from almost 60Gb to less than 30GB, JUST BY USING A BETTER TEXTURE FORMAT, the reason they are "vaulting" content it's because console players at that time where having over 10 minutes loading screens, you could go out, eat a pizza, come back and the game was still loading.
The've been pretty much a bunch of assholes, from telling people that they will not support linux use even through proton because "that's piracy!", i still remember that post and considering gouging my eyes out from the nonsense i was reading.
And i could begin arguing about how they fucked progression with the stupid seasonal artifact system, how the grind is meaningless as you grind the same shit every season because for whatever reason the artifact you had the previous one just suddenly is no longer there or becomes useless because the new one gives you 2 more power/light lvl points or whatever they are called now, that the 99% of the weapons are just fucking reskins that you could just asked for some dude in fiverr, Destiny 2 died with the end of Forsaken.
And i loved it, it's one of the very few first person shooters i ever enjoyed and paid for any DLC, but one thing is doing a patch to make a major change in the game because it's just simply needed, the other is pissing on your entire userbase day after day, telling them that it's raining, and the bunch of fans praising shitty content as if it where a godsent, there are other, better games out there if you want a looter shooter, games that respect your time and life as a person, Destiny 2 even if it has one the best FPS experience's it's one of the worst games out there, it doesn't know how to be a proper RPG, or an MMO, or how to write a proper story, becuse they must force cliffhangers and loopholes every 10 seconds to artificially keep their dedicated lorehunters atracted to the game, so they use mysterious and obscure names every 5 seconds just for the sake of it.
Oh, and the puzzles, i still remember the fiasco of the forges (now irrelevant i think), how pissed the people was because the last forge was a community event and only a bunch of people actually cared enough to go through the F ing puzzle to unlock it for everyone.
It doesn't understand basic concepts of looter's in general, and that's the fact that YOU DON'T TOUCH THE LOOT with every fucking patch, how many F times have they changed/removed/reimplemented "whisper of the worm"? they knew it would bring powercreep issues, they had the exact same problem in D1 with it, they ended up putting it in the same broken state as it was first introduced in D1 if not worse, and that weapon alone has recieved more patches than many MMO'rpgs in the last 5 years, that's just insane how stupid they can be to fall for the exact same problem a second time.
Because you have a PVP, you wanna do a good PVP with the systems you have? make it skill based, regulated/standarized loadouts solve ALL the issues the PVP has, and it doesn't break the PVE, because right now, and since the beginning, that both PVE and PVP are broken because they don't even know how to do proper balancing between the two, just standarize equipment and stats for PVP, and make it a complete different experience from PVE, chop one from the other already.
D2 at the end of the day is just a decent FPS with a bunch of obscure cool ideas that don't mix together because the team behind it is incompetent AF, with optimization issues so big that the entire game should be remade from 0 using a couple of braincells instead of their dicks, and anyone that thinks it's good in this state should be ashemed of even considering they are part of a supposedly intelligent species.
And im not even gonna mention the monetization with the eververse store, that's just disgusting.

Reactions: duwen

IluaLinerin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
There was PLENTY of time to play the stuff I payed for before it was removed. I promise.
Destiny 2 is the only mmo i know that right now has a deadline for everything in it.
I could buy FFXI, and play the almost same game it was over 15 years ago, because as far as i know no content has been removed (with the exception of seasonal events as these come and go), if a PS2 game can do it, i think that Destiny 2 doesn't have ANY excuse for it's content vaulting, or Warframe, or FFXIV, or WoW, or whatever MMO you can pick.
And as you say there was plenty of time to play it, therefore there was plenty of time to actually fix the damn game, optimize it and not end up vaulting anything, if Digital Extremes could do it with Warframe, Bungie of that time with the budget they had they could do it too.

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure you'd have a different opinion if you'd paid for content that was removed from the game before you played it.
I literally bought the game at launch. Just because I think your opinion is melodramatic doesn't mean I don't have a cash investment in it. I'd like my money back, sure, but the content fucking sucked and you're delusional if you think otherwise.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I literally bought the game at launch. Just because I think your opinion is melodramatic doesn't mean I don't have a cash investment in it. I'd like my money back, sure, but the content fucking sucked and you're delusional if you think otherwise.
I'll take your word for that, because, as stated, I never got to play it before it was essentially removed from the game.
Content that is sold should NEVER be removed from any game. If the practice were adopted by all the publishers it wouldn't take long before consumers wised up and just refused to buy any content (including the base game) until the 'complete' version was available... putting most publishers out of business in a very short time - which is why most publishers don't do it.

I'm happy that you're rich enough to not care that content you paid for gets removed, but understand that people don't "seethe at Destiny 2 for no reason" (regardless of how you personally don't care, and lack the empathy to understand anyone elses issues) - there are very good reasons for people's views on Destiny 2.

Have fun continuing to support shitty monetization practices, I guess.

Last edited by duwen,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1