Destiny 2 Already in development

What do you think of Destiny and Its plans for the future?

• Excited and Loved the game!

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Loved the game, announcement sucks

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Meh

Votes: 26 56.5%
  • Hated the Game, Announcement makes me hopeful

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Hated the game, This is just stupid

Votes: 8 17.4%

• Total voters

chavosaur

Chavo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Destiny-Logo-XBox-One-PS4.png
NOW WITH MORE STORY CONTENT! *ahem*​
In recent news, Activision and Bungie have both announced that the development process of Destiny 2 has already been started, and this is likely to keep in line with their 10 year plan for the franchise. This coincies with the information found in the Activision v Infinity Ward court case, where the 10 year plan originated. Further detailing stated that​
1A. Release Plan A
The release plan for the Destiny Games ("ReIease Plan") is currently comprised of four (4) major retail Destiny
Game releases tentatively scheduled for the Fall of 2013, 2015, 2017 and 2019 and four (4) Comet releases
following each Destiny Game release tentatively scheduled for the Fall of 2014, 2016,_ 2018 and 2020. ln
addition, as part of the Destiny Games Licensor shall also produce DLC Releases as mutually agreed by the
parties in the time periods between retail Destiny Games and Comet releases.

In a recent article, it was stated that,
Destiny 2 is already in development, with Activision revealing that, ‘work has also begun on future expansion packs, as well as on our next full game release’.
The future expansions are presumably downloads beyond the two already announced, but as you can see there’s no indication of when a sequel would be out.

:arrow: Source
:arrow: Activision v Infinity Ward case details

So far, this announcement has led to some fan controversy, leading people to say Bungie and Activision are focusing way to much on future endeavors and not enough on the releases they already have out. What do you think about this move, and what do you think about Destiny in general?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I would much rather they work on just expansions right now than a sequel. I don't want any official sequels to Destiny so soon, especially when the current release has so much potential for more content. Unless these "major retail" releases are just big huge expansion packs, I guess I couldn't care less about a "sequel"

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprised to see a mediocre game getting a sequel so soon. :rolleyes:

*cough*

On a more serious note, I'm shocked, as all I've heard is a bunch of rabble saying how good this game is. Seems more logical to introduce other expansions or more content.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
*Sigh*... I was afraid of this from the beginning. At least it's not a major release every year.

If I'm being fully honest with myself, it's a mediocre game, but it's fun to play with friends, and I'd be interested in sequels. Though I suppose the same could be said of any big online multiplayer game, if I take the time to look for fun ones.

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Didn't they say years ago that they put down a total of 500m budget and several years of planned releases after the first title from the get-go? This serie was meant to be the futuristic CoD counterpart in terms of milking from its very conception, shouldn't be a surprise to nobody.

I would much rather they work on just expansions right now than a sequel. I don't want any official sequels to Destiny so soon, especially when the current release has so much potential for more content. Unless these "major retail" releases are just big huge expansion packs, I guess I couldn't care less about a "sequel"
When it comes to modern console game series, sequels are really expansions most of the times. They just like to call it sequel so that they have an excuse to sell it full price to you.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This was the most boring game I have played in a looooong time.
IMHO, they should focus om something new instead of a sequel.

Didn't they say years ago that they put down a total of 500m budget and several years of planned releases after the first title from the get-go? This serie was meant to be the futuristic CoD counterpart in terms of milking from its very conception, shouldn't be a surprise to nobody.

When it comes to modern console game series, sequels are really expansions most of the times. They just like to call it sequel so that they have an excuse to sell it full price to you.
I suggest you stop playing your PS.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Destiny is short and buggy, but it has an amazing concept and a good gameplay mechanics on other hand. If they do sequels with huge worlds to explore (like 3 or 4 times the current content) It worth buying, but if they do like destiny 1, with 4 planets/moon only (and the maps on those planets/moon are not that big), I'll not even look at it.
What makes me give the benefit of doubt to Bungie is the fact that it still is a seventh generation game.

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
I haven't been paying attention that much, but isn't Destiny already like MMO shooter with most of the story not explained so you could buy it later as DLC and some people are actually defending it because they have promised content spread out for 10+ years? Also requirement for online connection even for single player game but nobody seems to bat an eye for some reason.

Well I'm glad they decided to release shooter title only on consoles so I won't even have to look that way.

It's Activision. Did you really expect anything else?

I don't understand Activision at all. They really like beating the dead horse and also removing games from digital sales so that games you want to buy from them aren't available and ones that are available require you to be millionaire.

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well I hope the story will be far better because Destiny was really disappointing with this point...

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand Activision at all. They really like beating the dead horse and also removing games from digital sales so that games you want to buy from them aren't available and ones that are available require you to be millionaire.

What's so hard to understand about billions and billions of dollars in revenue?

Reactions: CathyRina

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Also requirement for online connection even for single player game but nobody seems to bat an eye for some reason.

There is no single player game. There is AI enemies, but other player are aways around, and most of time this players do not make the gameplay experience better at all

What's so hard to understand about billions and billions of dollars in revenue?
billions of dollars in revenue = 4 billions of dollars in revenue last year

I'm confident that they can milk better than that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans