Hacking Desprately need help on GW 3.1.1 Willing to pay up to 10$ to someone who can help me

pikanag

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right now I have:
-N3DS LL Japanese on 8.1J
-Gateway3ds red card
-sky3ds Blue card
-toshiba 4gb microsd (came with new3ds)
-ADATA 16gb microsd for inside my new3ds
-16gb sandisk class 4 microsd for inside my gateway red card
-microsd reader

I've been trying to do the OOT exploit for hours and have found no success. The game crashes after I press A while inside the hut. I even waited about 30 seconds before pressing A.

I then tried the cubic ninja exploit. I had a bit more success, managed to get to the gateway menu. But when I insert the red gateway card and click on "boot gateway mode" it just brings me to the home menu. I have no idea whether it is emuNand or not. When i go into setting it still has the normal 8.1J, no "GW" in front of it. It did however revert my home menu color scheme back to the original one instead of red. I don't know if that means anything.

Also since my n3ds is japanese, i cant really read any of the messages.

Willing to pay up to 10$ via paypal for somebody to help me start playing my 3ds games. Very desprate.
Serious people only pm me for my skype so we can talk instead of doing forum messages

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
jesus... you DID it. you were in GW mode.
just let emunand update and then gw will work fine since it is a bit buggy with 8.1 by itself, no multirom, etc etc
just close your 3ds when you are on the homescreen, let the update download... then update when you get the message on the 3ds.

you say you don't know if you are in emunand or not...
did you actually CREATE emunand? if not, then you won't load into it.
if you did create it... you will load into it.

Reactions: Click This

pikanag

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jesus... you DID it. you were in GW mode.
just let emunand update and then gw will work fine since it is a bit buggy with 8.1 by itself, no multirom, etc etc
just close your 3ds when you are on the homescreen, let the update download... then update when you get the message on the 3ds.

you say you don't know if you are in emunand or not...
did you actually CREATE emunand? if not, then you won't load into it.
if you did create it... you will load into it.
but the thing is when i go into settings it doesn't say GW 8.1J or whatever. it just says regular 8.1J

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
but the thing is when i go into settings it doesn't say GW 8.1J or whatever. it just says regular 8.1J

sure, me too :) i have 8.1j also.
i think it is ok to update via system settings, but i could not (it errored out a few times, my internet connection can be bad)
so that is why i recommended to have wifi on, and let your 3ds sleep in the home menu, close the lid. in 30 minutes i guess, the update will be downloaded, and you will update emunand to 9.5.
that is all you need to do, if you are certain you created emunand in the gw launcher. (you would know if you did, you can't really do it by accident, it takes about 15 minutes or so)

pikanag

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sure, me too :) i have 8.1j also.
i think it is ok to update via system settings, but i could not (it errored out a few times, my internet connection can be bad)
so that is why i recommended to have wifi on, and let your 3ds sleep in the home menu, close the lid. in 30 minutes i guess, the update will be downloaded, and you will update emunand to 9.5.
that is all you need to do, if you are certain you created emunand in the gw launcher. (you would know if you did, you can't really do it by accident, it takes about 15 minutes or so)

so you're telling me you DONT have the "GW" letters in front of 8.1?

Click This

Surgite!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a glitch where the GW doesn't show up in 8.1J emunand.

Here's a tip: Make folders for each NAND and move icons around. If they stick (ie. SYS for sysnand and EMU for emunand) then you know when you're in each mode. I played it safe and did the sleep update like cearp.

bluke

Trophies
XP
Country
Right now I have:
-N3DS LL Japanese on 8.1J
-Gateway3ds red card
-sky3ds Blue card
-toshiba 4gb microsd (came with new3ds)
-ADATA 16gb microsd for inside my new3ds
-16gb sandisk class 4 microsd for inside my gateway red card
-microsd reader

I've been trying to do the OOT exploit for hours and have found no success. The game crashes after I press A while inside the hut. I even waited about 30 seconds before pressing A.

I then tried the cubic ninja exploit. I had a bit more success, managed to get to the gateway menu. But when I insert the red gateway card and click on "boot gateway mode" it just brings me to the home menu. I have no idea whether it is emuNand or not. When i go into setting it still has the normal 8.1J, no "GW" in front of it. It did however revert my home menu color scheme back to the original one instead of red. I don't know if that means anything.

Also since my n3ds is japanese, i cant really read any of the messages.

Willing to pay up to 10$ via paypal for somebody to help me start playing my 3ds games. Very desprate.
Serious people only pm me for my skype so we can talk instead of doing forum messages

You are better create emuNAND. In gateway menu before go to Gateway mode find the icon that name format EmuNAND That will create emunand for you. Then everything will OK.

dustmite

Stays Frosty
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
I have nearly identical setup, but still the original Toshiba 4GB card internal.
Will it be large enough to create emunand? Or do I have to replace it?

delete

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yrsh back up your sysnand via gw menu then format emunand via gw menu then launch gateway mode then close ur lid with WiFi on to get the update nag. Then update that shit. N you'll be gold

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow this thread got messy fast. Make sure you format the emunand before you update OP. Also check the md5 on the 3.1.1 launcher.dat, the not displaying GW3D on the firmware version should be fixed unless you're using 3.1

pikanag

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay guys, I just formatted my microsd card inside the new3ds AND the sky3ds.

I put the Launcher.dat 3.1.1 inside the root of my n3ds microsd. and I used diskwriter to write japanese rom of Cubic Ninja onto sky3ds microsd (4gb toshiba).

I scanned the QR code from gateway website and arrived at Gateway menu.

I already backed up my sysnand a while ago

I scrolled to the right and clicked on Format emuNand

Waited about 10-15 minutes.

Now what should i do?

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay guys, I just formatted my microsd card inside the new3ds AND the sky3ds.

I put the Launcher.dat 3.1.1 inside the root of my n3ds microsd. and I used diskwriter to write japanese rom of Cubic Ninja onto sky3ds microsd (4gb toshiba).

I scanned the QR code from gateway website and arrived at Gateway menu.

I already backed up my sysnand a while ago

I scrolled to the right and clicked on Format emuNand

Waited about 10-15 minutes.

Now what should i do?

Make folders in emunand. Reboot, verify that the folders are not present. Boot emunand, verify that they are. Leave 3DS connected to wifi in sleep mode to download update. Verify folders are still present. Click OK for update.

TeroZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

After you done "format emunand", enter gateway mode, and you will go to main menu(emuNand). Then you create a folder named "safe", so you can distinguish which system is emunand because the real sysnand won't have this folder.
Reset your machine to confirm that sysnand DOESN'T have the "safe" folder and repeat the exploit. The "safe" folder will appear if you get into emunand, then enter setting and update your console. (That is what I did and pretty safe imho)

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
After you done "format emunand", enter gateway mode, and you will go to main menu(emuNand). Then you create a folder named "safe", so you can distinguish which system is emunand because the real sysnand won't have this folder.
Reset your machine to confirm that sysnand DOESN'T have the "safe" folder and repeat the exploit. The "safe" folder will appear if you get into emunand, then enter setting and update your console. (That is what I did and pretty safe imho)

yes, enjoy your gw :)

TeroZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can even leave the 3D ON when you do the exploit, if the face tracking is NOT working, then you are definitely in GW mode.

Trophies
XP
Country
Whatever you do, make double sure you have formatted emunand in gateway menu before you update and even better, unlink sys and emunand.

Edit : OP formatted emunand.

You can even leave the 3D ON when you do the exploit, if the face tracking is NOT working, then you are definitely in GW mode.

Never thought of 3D tracking as a way to distinguish gateway mode, nice!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm in my birthday suit! Lol