desperate need of help with nand emulation

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by camochase, Aug 9, 2011.

Aug 9, 2011
  1. camochase
    OP

Member camochase GBAtemp Regular

United States
    ok if someone can be so kind as to make me a complete guide, or a link to a guide. that covers everything from copying your nand. and add channels and useing it on what i prefer a forwarder channel. but an app in the homebrew channel would be ok. but everything i have tryed hasnt worked for me. some reason what i have to work with is a 4.2 softmodded wii, 4gb usb and 4gb sdhc card. and thanks in advance because im out of space on my wii and i wanna put a couple of my channels on my usb or sdhc card.

2. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Sorry, but I seriously doubt you're going to find a more complete softmod guide than the complete softmod guide or modmii (both accessible through the stickies).

From what you want to achieve, mighty channels is probably the easiest (or: least hard way) to do things. Here are the outlines:

1. use bootmii to make a nand backup. Move the 2 created files to your pc
    2. extract the large file with showmiiwads. This creates a bunch of folders like shared1, shared2 and so on.
    3 (and beyond) follow this guide.
    4. install the latest version of d2x cIOS to your wii
    5. use mighty channels like any other homebrew. try to run your games from the emulated disc

It's possible you get stuck at some point. Let us know where that is and we'll (hopefully) know how to clarify things more clearly. [​IMG]