Desperate for help! EFA Linker Simple trouble!

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by evolutionrevolut, Nov 1, 2008.

1. evolutionrevolut
    OP

Newcomer evolutionrevolut Newbie

United States
    I just recieved my EFA Linker 512mb from a source which shall remane unamed. I don't understand how to use it at all. I downloaded EFA Client Simple v.1.0, and expected something to work, but when I pressed search, the cart was not recognized. Why won't EFA Client/my computer recognize that I have a flash cart plugged in? The light is not turned on, though it probably should be. All I really want to do is put MOTHER 3 fan trans. on my flash cart, but I ceed help.

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    read my sig, covers most of the answers for EFA .

Mother 3 uses Flash as a save state, you will need to SRAM patch it to get it working.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=224
    Get gbata to patch the games that gives you issues.

3. evolutionrevolut
    OP

United States
    Okay , thank you. However, I currently have my EFA plugged into my computer via the USB cable provided, and no light is on. Does this mean that it is not charging? How do I know if it is charging or not? Also, after I charge it my EFA Client v. 1.0 will recognize it automatically? Was there some sort of Driver that I was supposed to install in addition to EFA Client? Thank you for your time.

4. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    if you plugged it in and installed the drivers and see a green light it is charging.

you can try checking the detection after 4 hours of charging.
    Being detected is another mater. If you click on search and it still doesn't identify the cart, your motherboard IS NOT compatible.

5. evolutionrevolut
    OP

United States
    Okay, well my laptop couldn't find the flashcart. I tried my desktop, and when I pressed search on EFA Client v1.0, still nothing was detected. Was EFA Client v.1.0 all I had to download to get the cart working, or was there some other software? If EFA Client v.1.0 was all I had to download, then I guess I have to try to get a refund or something, because it won't work for either of my computers. I'd appreciate any further help, thank you.

EDIT: YES! I plugged the cart into my other USB cable port, and the Found New Hardware Wizard came up. This time, I used the EFA Client v.1.0 instructions, and I successfully installed it! The green LED is now on, and it is probably charging. Thanks for all of your help! MOTHER 3 here I come!!!!

6. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    you don't have a compatible system then, might be better results on a laptop. doesn't matter if you can charge or not on an incompatible system, your USB controller can't communicate with it even if windows sees it.

Drivers don't work with Service Pack 3, if you got it installed.

7. Deaddy

Member Deaddy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    I know this thread and product are ancient but I dug out my EFA and tried plugging it into my PC assuming it would start charging even without the right drivers. There's no light turning on inside the cart. Does it need to have drivers installed to charge? And does anyone know if the software/drivers work on Windows 7? Thanks!