Homebrew DeSmuME Wii - DS Emulator for Wii in development.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
My kids have recently pointed out to me that the DesMuMe WiiFlow plugin doesn't render well for some games.
This was because I had made it ALWAYS use the GX hardware rendering option. While it's a little bit faster for most games, some games (E.G. New Super Mario Bros.) are completely unplayable because off graphical issues.

I've now made a command line option to choose software or hardware rendering (and included 2 INI files, one for each option with different magic #'s)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/mtnlmpa7754llaw/DeSmuMe plugin r253 v2.zip

enjoy.

StupidGamer1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no where. The creator of Desmume (Arikado) is no longer making anything Wii related. I don't even think Arikado gave the source code. So this project is either dead or coma tose.

RockRiver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Log time without DeSmuME Wii users????
I'm trying to use some DS Homebrew Apps through Desmume Wii... (they need FAT reading)

Desmume Initial text said some about:
"Using CFlash directory:"

But I cannot make Desmume Wii reads a FAT *.img file
It's needed an special folder?? What's this name? MPCF?? Slot2??
Desmume Wii could use *.ini file for point to folders, paths?

D

Deleted User

I have decided to bump this page to inform those yet unaware of the improvements to the DS Emulator for Wii: DeSmuMe Wii.

Thanks to the work of Arikado - scanff - firnis and baby lueshi,
https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/DeSmuME_Wii_Compatibility_List
DeSmuME Wii is no longer a Yoshi´s Island DS emulator only.

Apollo Justice - Ace Attorney - Animaniacs Lights Camera Action - Biene Maya - Klatschmohnwiese in Gefahr -

Black Sigil - Blade of the Exiled - Lunar Dragon Song - Magicial Starsign - Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time - The Phoenix Wright Series -

Wario Ware Touched!

are all games that although not running Full Speed and having messy Audio, can be considered playable. Games in 3D will most likely perform very bad in the emulator. In most cases, you will do yourself a favour muting the TV.

Check the DeSmuME Wii Compatibility List for new entrys. You can add entrys yourself if you like. Your help is always appreciated. :)

There is also a Github page. Don´t get your hopes up to high though, since the last update was 4 Years ago.

I uploaded the latest build r253 below. Google will help you find a working DS BIOS.

Attachments

• DeSmuME Wii r253.7z
    445.4 KB · Views: 509
Last edited by ,

OuterHeavenJesus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have decided to bump this page to inform those yet unaware of the improvements to the DS Emulator for Wii: DeSmuMe Wii.

Thanks to the work of Arikado - scanff - firnis and baby lueshi,
DeSmuME Wii
is no longer a Yoshi´s Island DS emulator only.

Apollo Justice - Ace Attorney - Animaniacs Lights Camera Action - Biene Maya - Klatschmohnwiese in Gefahr -

Black Sigil - Blade of the Exiled - Lunar Dragon Song - Magicial Starsign - Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time - The Phoenix Wright Series -

Wario Ware Touched!

are all games that although not running Full Speed and having messy Audio, can be considered playable. Games in 3D will most likely perform very bad in the emulator. In most cases, you will do yourself a favour muting the TV.

Check the DeSmuME Wii Compatibility List for new entrys. You can add entrys yourself if you like. Your help is always appreciated. :)

There is also a Github page. Don´t get your hopes up to high though, since the last update was 4 Years ago.

I uploaded the latest build r253 below. Google will help you find a working DS BIOS.

Awesome this is really cool to see that it is still getting bits of support. Wii's are becoming popular again so I hope they revise it a while longer. At least until some of the best games have great speed I.E World ends with You and full speed Ace Attorney games.

Reactions: SaulFabre

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM