DeSmuME Updated, PS5 Emulator, Sonic 06 Returns, SimCopter 64 Found - Tempcast #78

tempcast-169-logo-png.297330
Join us in this week's episode of the Tempcast as we poorly explain the latest news in the gaming and homebrew development world. Starting off, we talk about the long awaited update to the legendary DesMuME emulator, finally adding high-resolution 3D rendering and some other features. Alongside the DS, the PS5 finally has made it's first step into the emulation scene thanks to the new Kyty PS4/PS5 emulator beginning it's development. Speaking of great accomplishments in software, Sonic 2006 has finally returned to the Xbox online marketplace, for a great price as well! Finally, we ramble a bit about how bad PS1 emulation is on PSN Plus, after which we discuss SimCopter 64 suddenly resurfacing online.

Theme by VinsCool and AlanJohn​

Also available on:
:arrow: Spotify
:arrow: Apple Podcasts
:arrow: Google Podcasts
:arrow: Breaker
:arrow: RadioPublic
:arrow: PocketCasts
:arrow: Anchor.fm
:arrow: Overcast
:arrow: Direct MP3 Download

Slinger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Oh, I'm late to the party (and writing this weeks after I listened), but I just have to comment on this gem of an episode!

• We all need a Little Lion Furry Friend!:lol:
  • I'm starting to think this podcast is cursed... well, with respect to the "boo" sound.:P
  • Another possible source of missile attacks would be from that Super Seducer developer. Now if I can only find that video (that jackass made a clip where he launch missiles against Stephanie Sterling many years ago, in response to the criticism of the game).
  • Sony failing at PSX emulation... strange, that is what I would expect from Nintendo. Anyone remembering the N64 titles on the Wii U?
  • That being said, there were some PSX titles originally developed for PAL (and later ported to NTSC), the wipeout series being a good example. But then again, the best one, wipeout 2097, will probably never be released officially again due to the impossible music licensing. I guess all of this shows why proper archival of our culture is so important (be it legal or not): it's the only way to proper preserve it for the future.
  • I've always thought DS games on 3DS look a bit too washed out, which is a shame. But DS emulation requires very little resources, so there should be many options for emulation. Too bad the Vita is a bit too weak for it, otherwise it would have been a brilliant combination!
  • I'm sure @Creamu has actually commented on previous episodes, but you only noticed that signature now?:rofl2: I always assumed it was a kind of joke/meme. Oh well, the new signature is equally brilliant.
  • @AlanJohn dropping the water EM absorption science! Including just casually recalling the correct wavelength, from what I can tell... Are you perhaps focusing on radiation physics?
  • I generally agree on the non-ionizing radiation. However, I have some reservation for wifi signals. They are remarkably stronger than most other EM signals we use. Especially the phones we cary close to our bodies (notably those iphones that exceed the specified maximum levels). Take it with a grain of salt, but a study a few years back indicated it might affect male fertility (but again, take that with a healthy dose of skepticism!). All wifi-enabled devices I've bought recently always come with some note about keeping it so-and-so far away from humans. Most remarkably are fire tv sticks that should be kept at least 15cm away... I think this is because of some EU regulation?

Slinger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I'm sorry if I was unclear. In the episode AlanJohn talked about your previous signature. It sounded like this was the first time he saw it. But I know you have commented on previous episodes, so he should have already seen it.

edit: and about the old signature, I had assumed it was like a joke.

Reactions: Creamu

Creamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I'm sorry if I was unclear. In the episode AlanJohn talked about your previous signature. It sounded like this was the first time he saw it. But I know you have commented on previous episodes, so he should have already seen it.

edit: and about the old signature, I had assumed it was like a joke.
Oh, I didnt know it got so much attention (maybe a slow newsweek?). Glad you liked it.

Reactions: Slinger

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Were actually bots