Hacking Desmume Pokemon White save exported but cant find where to put on 3ds

kitkat79

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did A TON of stuff on My Desmume save and currently the best thing I have found to get the save over to my 3ds is to trade my pokemon over wfc (Id need 8 gym badges for lots of them to listen and Id also need to have enough pokemon to trade back). So far Ive exported the .sav file that I "Exported Backup Memory" to get on i believe every branch of folders I see on my 3ds' sd card and it still wont see it. I thought it might be because Idk if i have a Pokemon white folder (with the 8-digit id with a bunch of 0's), but cant see how i wouldnt seeing as Ive already started a game in the 3ds Pokemon White. Also, I am more than happy to get rid of this save game if it means getting access to the one from Desmume. I have looked at sms4 and Backup Adapter + (i think thats the name) and am considering the sms4, but heard the other doesnt actually work as advertised. Would any of the other cheating devices that worked for ds (Action Replays, FlashCarts, Acekards, etc.) help me achieve my goal without redoing all my work.I heard lots of these cards do work for 3ds, but im wondering if I can get my save onto them or something and put it into the 3ds. Idk how any of these work except the action replay so sry that I dont know a thing about their functionalities. I am begrudgingly willing to buy 1 item if it will definitely work in getting the save game on it and if there is no other way to do so. Also, If its one of those items u cant buy in more than a few sites/stores idk if i want to take the risk cuz not as many ppl will be able to give me testimonials of whether it worked etc. Im running 4.1.0-8u whatever this means and am willing to format the card or use a spare i got if this will help. Thanks a ton!

serenade.63

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should look up r4i save dongle, it can back up saves from retail carts, and also rewrite them with save files from emulators, flash carts, etc. There is no way, that I know of at least, to put the save on your cartridge directly from the 3DS.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
The 3DS isn't hacked, meaning you can't transfer anything unsigned from the SD card to game cards of any kind. If you were using a tutorial, I believe you might be a bit confused. They would most likely be referring to SD cards in flashcards, not on the system itself.

If you'd like to restore the .sav from Desmume, you can use .sav backup/restore devices to do so. I would recommend the R4i Save Dongle, as it supports some 3DS games as well as most if not all DS games. You can Google around for it, it costs about $15 last I remember.

kitkat79

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would I then always need to have the r4i save dongle in to use my save file or could i transfer it over with the dongle and use just the pokemon white cartridge after ive done so? Basically, in order to play the save, will i always need the r4i dongle to be inserted?
thx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu