Homebrew WIP DeSmuME-NX (w/Laprox's Vertical Mod) [DS Emulator]

Would you like to see the original porter finish their project?

• Total voters

Laprox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've tried to run it but I only get an error code (2168-0002)
I'm on 5.1.0 maybe that the reason.
Try downgrading you SD Files Version to 4.0 or lower: https://github.com/tumGER/SDFilesSwitch/releases
For me I'm constantly getting this error, I don't have a clue what it is, to be honest, some people have stated they don't get the problem though.

I'm on 4.1.0 firmware so, it's not down to the firmware.

Still waiting on anyone who can review the source code, to see if there are any problems there.

Last edited by Laprox,

xy-maps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Would it be possible for the future to make a „full screen“ (just one single 4:3 Screen) mode were you can toggle between mainscreen and touchscreen, since a lot games do not require the touchscreen.

Last edited by xy-maps,

Laprox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Would it be possible for the future to make a „full screen“ mode were you can toggle between mainscreen and touchscreen, since a lot games do not require the touchscreen.
Due to the aspect ratio, I could only really make a single screen slightly larger. The virtual display would have to be horizontal as well, it's definitely possible though.
Just to add, I'm not sure I could make them switch in, active real-time: I believe that would crash the program, but I could be wrong.

Last edited by Laprox,

PsychoRabbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'll try to work on this. I don't have experience on emulation's coding but at least it will be a way to learn something new :P

The main goal for me is to be able to play Phoenix Wright and Ghost Trick.

Laprox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'll try to work on this. I don't have experience on emulation's coding but at least it will be a way to learn something new :P

The main goal for me is to be able to play Phoenix Wright and Ghost Trick.
I'll need all the help I can get, much appreciated! ❤️ :nds::switch:

D

Deleted User

The application is compiled as a .nro file, SX OS supports this by default. :D
:nds::switch:
But it stops the switch (like I can’t got to the home menu nor open the power menu I need to hard reset)

Last edited by ,

Laprox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But it stops the switch (like I can’t got to the home menu nor open the power menu I need to hard reset)
This is a bug, I cannot fix it with my knowledge: the original idea was to have the porter fix this, but he has abandoned the project. Thus I require the community's help, in this regard.
It is also worth mentioning, some users haven't experienced this: which means there is some specific combination of SD Files and Payload, that prevents this happening, or quite possibly a problem with certain firmware versions.

Apologies for any inconvenience. :nds::switch:

Techjunky90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The application is compiled as a .nro file, SX OS supports this by default. :D
:nds::switch:
Funny. SX OS actually isn't really supported by any homebrew applications and I support that 100%. That is why TX has improved homebrew compatibility on SX with updates.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs