Homebrew DeSmuME + iDeaS

spas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I used to follow the development of these two emulators quite closely, after a while my checking became a little less frequent. But today I decided to try out both again iDeaS 1.0.3.6 Beta and DeSmuME 0.9.6 and they have both dramatically improved. Even issues such as people requesting zoom have been addressed. I tested advanced wars - days of ruin and found it to work very smoothly on both, although it appears I lean towards DeSmuME at the moment because I could not seen to get the sound working.

What are peoples opinions of these two friendly rivals at the moment?

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Desmume wins by far. I had a lot of trouble with a lot of games in iDeaS. Desmume is nearly perfect. Many games are fullspeed even on my older laptop that doesn't meet the recommended specs, there aren't any sound glitches, and often enough anti piracy features don't affect it. It's so good that i almost don't regret having to sell my DS at all.

Sound is really messed up in iDeaS, but you can get it working by downloading the separate sound plugin on their homepage and placing it in a folder called PLUGIN in the same directory as the emulator. Then you can select the plugin in the emulator. It's REALLY screwed up bad though. If you thought sound was bad in no$, this is much worse. Sounds like someone dj-ing a record badly.

I see no reason to use iDeaS over desmume considering desmume is superior in every way. Even in speed, and no doubt about compatibility and glitch-free experience. If you want more speed, no$gba is obviously the way to go, but desmume is the best DS emulator overall.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte