Desktop Icon Grouping Solution

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by - Wrath of God -, Sep 2, 2006.

1. - Wrath of God -
    OP

- Wrath of God - God

Nov 8, 2003
    United States
    After a couple of months of not posting, I've decided to once again ask this forum for help. I need a way to organize my desktop icons into groups that would be on my desktop. I made a program like that a while ago, it was like mini windows on the desktop with icons in them, but it didn't work fast enough, so I'm looking for a commercial solution.

Again, thanks in advance.

2. Linkiboy

Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

May 14, 2006
    United States
    Well you could use folders.

3. notchristopher

notchristopher GBAtemp Regular

Mar 3, 2006
    United States
    i use bblean and i love it. there is a plugin for it that will group your icons for you. its a full windows shell replacement but you say your a programmer so you should have no problem setting it up. its very minimalistic which i love.

4. kobewan

kobewan GBAtemp Regular

Feb 20, 2006
    United States
    Austin, Texas
    I use ObjectDock for my quick icon needs. The free version is pretty great, and the paid one gives you access to a tabbed dock, as well as multiple docks

5. - Wrath of God -
    OP

- Wrath of God - God

Nov 8, 2003
    United States
    Indeed it's not bad, but which plugin groups the icons for you?

6. santakuroosu

santakuroosu GBAtemp Fan

Mar 1, 2004
    Boobtown in Titland.
    You mean, like Windows 3.11?

I used to use litestep, but that didn't keep the icons organized, it just cleaned them from the desktop. I like my desktop either filled to brim with icons or completely clean.

7. - Wrath of God -
    OP

- Wrath of God - God

Nov 8, 2003
    United States
    Yeah - like Windows 3.11 except.... modern and cool looking. Preferably something that integrates into Windows.