Denny, two is great, but three is a crowd.

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Mema Haxx, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Mema Haxx
    OP

Mema Haxx Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 3, 2014
    Serbia, Republic of

2. fatsquirrel

fatsquirrel GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 11, 2013
    So this is actually done on Wii U not on emulator? Oo

3. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower

Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    going of yesterdays post , your not going to get any reply.

4. rennsport

rennsport Member

Newcomer
    Nov 20, 2014
    United States
    My best guess is that he is using his gamepad emulator with an actual console: https://bitbucket.org/memahaxx/drc-sim

jammybudga777 likes this.
  5. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower

Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    speaking of these hacks etc. What ever happened to to delroth's hack to use gamepad as a sheild like device previewed at last yrs conference ?

Dr Eggman likes this.
  6. dojafoja

dojafoja life elevated

Jan 2, 2014
    My favorite part is when you save the data back to your "amiibo". You are doing great things man, keep up the good work. I can't help but wonder though, where is the data being saved to? A file on your pc? Android device? You are blowing my mind right now!

7. NWPlayer123

NWPlayer123 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2012
    United States
    The Everfree Forest
    Yes, that's exactly what's going on, considering he never uses the touchscreen to type in a name because there is no touchscreen to use since he's not using an actual gamepad :P

Fpsrussia117 likes this.
  8. W hat

W hat Rhythm Heaven Fan

Feb 28, 2007
    United States
    So the significance is that this video shows an "Amiibo" Mr. Game & Watch, but there is no such figure?

9. dojafoja

dojafoja life elevated

Jan 2, 2014
    Exactly, this is the second such video he has posted of non released ammibos being brought to life in Smash Bros.

Even if he's able to send NFC data to the console with drc-sim. How is the console able to save data back to the 'amiibo'? I want access to all of his scripts lol.

10. FPSRussi4

FPSRussi4 Clean up your act and cut the crap.

Dec 1, 2013
    Laos
    Yup! I didn't get it at first with either of the videos too, especially with these idiotic titles that reference a movie-very original.

11. geoflcl

geoflcl Permanent GBAtemp Newbie

Jan 18, 2009
    United States

The topic titles are quotes from the bodaciously awful film, "The Room". Give it a watch!

Anyway, this is cool stuff. Let's hope more is revealed soon! He's bound to run out of Tommy Wiseau one-liners soon.

12. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    I wonder if/when a C&D will happen, considering it did for Skylanders.

13. FPSRussi4

Dec 1, 2013
    Laos
    Probably if/when the work is released or documented, considering that's what happened with Skylanders.

14. Ray Lewis

Ray Lewis Banned

Banned
    Dec 30, 2012
    United States
    People hacked Skylanders? So a phone nfc can emulate them? Haha, Would I need to lay my phone on the portal? I've grown an addiction to Skylanders Trap Team. My 6 year old son and I play it. The figurines are awesome.

15. FPSRussi4

Dec 1, 2013
    Laos
    It totally and absolutely is, though I feel the same way about amiibo's. Ray, there WAS work being done to reverse engineer the Figurines, but the creator got a particularly nasty cease and desist notice from Activision asking him to stop immediately. Not sure if he had to destroy his work or hand it over though.

16. FPSRussi4

Dec 1, 2013
    Laos
    Neither have I, but I just don't care for them. They have other uses though, like collecting dust on your shelf or bring chewed or thrown by your children.

Ray Lewis likes this.
  17. FPSRussi4

Dec 1, 2013
    Laos
    Are they rock-hard? I haven't touched one so I don't know. Even so, an infant can chew/bite a lot of things, I'm sure. As cool as all these "hacks" are, I learned my lesson after the MK8 custom track stuff, so I plan to wait and see if this will just be videos and nothing else.

18. FPSRussi4

Dec 1, 2013
    Laos
    Amiibo owners, please confirm if rock hard.

19. ChrisRX

ChrisRX GBAtemp Fan

Nov 8, 2006
    They're made of soft plastic so some parts bend like Link's sword, pikachu's tail, Fox's tail. I reckon if you bit into one of them it would leave a mark.

Obviously I won't be testing that.

20. FPSRussi4

Dec 1, 2013
    Laos
    Okay, so it's pretty much like that Mario statue thing they gave away a few years ago.