Demonoid gone? RIP...

Cocytean

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just logged onto Demonoid, looks like the CRIA are at it again. Message seems pretty final this time. It's like losing a family member...all the good times...sniff.... :'(

mattyb89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeh I just went on as I use it to check the comments on torrents as it was always good like that but I dont think its final its says they're threatening the server that hosts them not actually them they may just go and find a new server "MAY" but still another blow to pirates!

Cocytean

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I'm still holding out hope too. They just usually say 'we'll be back'. No such condolences this time. Damn you CRIA, removing all of our free things!
mad.gif

HeatMan Advance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where would they get money for their own severs? It's a free site full of leechers. lol.

They'd be fools to put up money that would never get returned.

Sad to see it go though. Glad I got what I needed a few hours ago.

two40

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
advertising i guess.

seems a few of these sites are biting the dust lately.
frown.gif

edit: mind you, they should be back as its not a direct cease and decist to the admins.

skarthebloodchild

Keep It Old School
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
not again :
The CRIA threatened the company renting the servers to us, and because of this it is not possible to keep the site online. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your understanding.
fuck those CRIA!
they try to close one more will grow~

Pamela

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
click.linksynergy.com
XP
Country
United States
First the ESA shut down my 1rom.net and now my precious demonoid that I just recently donated to again gets shut down by the CRIA within 2 days of each other. I hate the rich government pigs!
cry.gif

moggymatt

Trophies
Website
ds-scene.net
XP
Country
Demonoid said:
As Arnie says.... "I'll be back"

I wouldn't worry to much the tracker is still up and running, and as we all know shut one site another will spring up.

tbh I don't think all the newb's handing out invites helped any...

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Where would they get money for their own severs? It's a free site full of leechers. lol.

I would have thought a few people may have donated. I think pirate bay has made a lot with donations. Can't remember the trackers name now, as its going back years. But the one people donated to help if fight a legal battle. Thought the rumour is the guy closed the tracker anyway and ran off with the money.

SynGamer

Trophies
Website
syngamer.com
XP
Country
United States

I would have thought a few people may have donated. I think pirate bay has made a lot with donations. Can't remember the trackers name now, as its going back years. But the one people donated to help if fight a legal battle. Thought the rumour is the guy closed the tracker anyway and ran off with the money.

The donation link hasn't worked for quite some time. I've tried and had ever intention of donating but no luck.

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Just use torrentz.com.
I hope the MAFIAA and other corporate thugs get rid of all these centralized bullshit sites. Eventually, it will kill THEM, not P2P.
The sooner we get rid of the "private little club house" mentality, the better and healthier piracy will be.
Honestly, "turn off DHT so you can use our shitty site" ? Sure, chump, be a nice, big target, be my guest.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1