dafatkid27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd be interested too, I've had nothing but bad experiences over at OiNK D:

Well, you must not know what you're doing then. I've been there for a year now and had nothing but a great time.

EDIT: Well, I guess you're bound to have "bad experiences" if you download 4 and a half gigs but only seed 300 megs back. OiNK and all other torrent sites are based around a Ratio system. Give back as much as/more than you take.

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
ohmy.gif
Wow Oink Me and Demonoid... how do I get in?
ohmy.gif

SkuiD87

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh ma days I don't believe this...I've been searching for Demonoid code for DAYS now! Here I am doing my routine round of GBATemp'ing and here someone has Demonoid Codes!

Can you PLEASE (pretty please) send me a code too? It would be much appreciated and I will of course continue to return the favvour to others who want a code too...

Thanks!

mynimal

Kyoji sux.
Trophies
Website
www.mynimalistic.net
XP
Country

Well, you must not know what you're doing then. I've been there for a year now and had nothing but a great time.

EDIT: Well, I guess you're bound to have "bad experiences" if you download 4 and a half gigs but only seed 300 megs back. OiNK and all other torrent sites are based around a Ratio system. Give back as much as/more than you take.
And you must not know what you're talking about. I use Linux, so most of the torrent programs available aren't allowed there, and the reason my ratio is so shitty is because the torrent program I COULD use couldn't make torrents so I could give back.

It's kind of hard to get a good ratio when there's no-one to seed to and it's impossible to make a torrent.

dafatkid27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

And you must not know what you're talking about. I use Linux, so most of the torrent programs available aren't allowed there, and the reason my ratio is so shitty is because the torrent program I COULD use couldn't make torrents so I could give back.

It's kind of hard to get a good ratio when there's no-one to seed to and it's impossible to make a torrent.

Well, I did know what I was talking about, but I didn't know that you used Linux (btw, I'm currently working on a Linux desktop too, so I'm not hating on the Linux users). I'm sure if you asked in the OiNK forums, they'd be happy to help you. So I'm sorry if I offended you, I didn't mean to.

mynimal

Kyoji sux.
Trophies
Website
www.mynimalistic.net
XP
Country
Well, I did know what I was talking about, but I didn't know that you used Linux (btw, I'm currently working on a Linux desktop too, so I'm not hating on the Linux users).  I'm sure if you asked in the OiNK forums, they'd be happy to help you.  So I'm sorry if I offended you, I didn't mean to.
Really, if I could get a better ratio I would. :x I always wait until the ratio is at *least* 1, if I'm in a hurry. I asked around the OiNK forums, ended up getting semi-flamed (Part of this bad experience I mentioned). I recently switched over to KDE, and it turns out KTorrent works with OiNK, so I'll be improving my ratio. Unfortunately I'll have to do it album-by-album due to the recent change in the rules. :/

P.S. I probably came off a bit abrasive, sorry about that.

dafatkid27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, I did know what I was talking about, but I didn't know that you used Linux (btw, I'm currently working on a Linux desktop too, so I'm not hating on the Linux users). I'm sure if you asked in the OiNK forums, they'd be happy to help you. So I'm sorry if I offended you, I didn't mean to.

Really, if I could get a better ratio I would. :x I always wait until the ratio is at *least* 1, if I'm in a hurry. I asked around the OiNK forums, ended up getting semi-flamed (Part of this bad experience I mentioned). I recently switched over to KDE, and it turns out KTorrent works with OiNK, so I'll be improving my ratio. Unfortunately I'll have to do it album-by-album due to the recent change in the rules. :/

P.S. I probably came off a bit abrasive, sorry about that.

Haha, it's ok. Also, if you ever need any help, my name over there is also dafatkid27, and I'd be glad to help anytime.
smile.gif

Bitbyte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Why would you want an invite for Demonoid.com? From the looks of it, it has a shitty lay-out, not really organised well and then the seeds.. most of them have either 0 or 1 seed. Woohoo?

ShadowXP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why would you want an invite for Demonoid.com? From the looks of it, it has a shitty lay-out, not really organised well and then the seeds.. most of them have either 0 or 1 seed. Woohoo?

You can get some damn good stuff off Demonoid - alot of what I want is perfectly seeded because there's still members on there trying to keep it alive. And what's wrong with the layout? It's simple, nothing special but it does the job. Depends what you want from there really.

mynimal

Kyoji sux.
Trophies
Website
www.mynimalistic.net
XP
Country
I actually think the layout is quite nice.
tongue.gif
And the amount of seeds almost doesn't matter, what really matters is the upload rate.
wink.gif

Unless of course there are 0 seeds. Then you're screwed. But I didn't see any 0 seed torrents.

SkuiD87

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The layout is fine from what I've seem....but like ShadowXP said....its the content they have there which makes it shine..

Ive been searching for a decent PC Remote Control app for my office for ages. Demonoid seems to be the place to get it!

Bitbyte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
"And the amount of seeds almost doesn't matter, what really matters is the upload rate. "

Yes, that would apply for trackers with verified uploaders. But from the looks of it, Demonoid doesn't. I doubt that there's much users on 10 Mbit, let alone 100 Mbit users on that site, so the amount of seeds DOES matter in this particular case :x

Bitbyte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
While I don't use a lot of torrents myself, the best private tracker that I'm on would have to be Torrentleech. Pretty much kills everything else in this thread :]. Lots of releases every day, updated quickly and a lot of seeders. Most of the time I get +1 MB/s on the torrents over there. That's quite exceptional too for torrents, since most of the time I have trouble reaching even 400 KB/s.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    tbf I haven't been around on the last pokeflood
    did it happen?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Wasn't it Scarlet and Violet?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Dunno, I stay in the EoF.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    The craze must've had died down by then.
    I'm much more on the killing floor :x
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Imagine that every Pokemon game is the exact same but with slight tweaks.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I'm not much of a gaymer, more-so a creator.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    @SylverReZ Syl my beloved :bow: gm
    +1
    It is friday
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Last time I played a game was hmmm... can't exactly recall. :wacko:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but...