[Demo Release] Project Mirai DX: Matryoshka Edition

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by dj505, Apr 9, 2017.

1. dj505
    OP

dj505 Inexperienced Romhacker

Oct 4, 2014
    Canada
    Most likely at the arcade
    [​IMG]

I've been working this for a while now, and it's at the point where I can finally put out demo release! Here's a list of the changes so far:

Warning: Spoilers inside!

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
    For this method to work, you MUST have CFW. If not, you're on your own, since I've never used any other method.
    • 1. Download the zip file and extract it to the root of your SD card​
    • 2. Install BootNTR Selector if you don't have it already​
    • 3. Run BootNTR Selector and use the latest version (3.4)​
    • 4. After it finishes, boot up Project Mirai DX and enjoy!​
    You'll know it's working if the loading screen background is yellow instead of the usual white when you start up the game.​

Keep in mind, this is my first ever romhack! Any feedback or advice will be greatly appreciated! I've done the best I can in getting all the songs synced properly without delay or other issues.

JadedSynner likes this.
  2. ElijahZAwesome

ElijahZAwesome GBATemp's official... uh... uhhhhhhhhhhhh

Jul 12, 2016
    United States
    Narnia
    This is pretty cool so far! The loading screen is really creepy though lol. It can't be that hard to make custom songs, I'm doing it right now... The only problem is the video is hard to modify.

3. dj505
    OP

Oct 4, 2014
    Canada
    Thanks! I still can't figure out the DSC editor tho haha.

4. ElijahZAwesome

Jul 12, 2016
    United States
    Narnia
    It's not too hard to figure out, you just open a dsc, and all the notes have a value of when they appear, I think the number is the sample rate time that it happens, but I don't know for sure. Just increment notes by specific values and see how much real-time it takes. But alternatively I was looking at the github of the person who made that chart editor and they have a much more updated and -in some ways- better version, where you visualize the notes instead of a value. You can see all the notes and you just drag and drop where you want em' to go.

5. dj505
    OP

Oct 4, 2014
    Canada
    Oh cool! I never thought of checking to see if there was a better version. I'll go check that out!

6. ElijahZAwesome

Jul 12, 2016
    United States
    Narnia
    Here the link: http://nutzer.bplaced.net/hamimu/

It seems pretty unstable right now, (lots of errors, etc) but the creator may still be working on it.

EDIT: you may wanna add this link to the hacking thread, just for more options

Last edited by ElijahZAwesome, Apr 11, 2017