screens.gif
1584_1.PNG
1584_2.PNG
[/p]
trans_bar.gif
trans_bar.gif
trans_bar.gif
info.gif
Release Group:iNDSave Type:NoneROM Size:32MbitFilename:ind-hngt.zipRegion:JapanPublisher:KonamiLanguage(s):JapaneseROM Serial:AGB-AHTJ-JPN
horiz_trans_bar.gif
trans_bar.gif
trans_bar.gif
trans_bar.gif

J

janer

hmm.. looks like a nice puzzle game..
i wonder what konami is bringing out these times...
not that these games are bad.. i just thought about the good old c64 releases from them...

(Z)

The SAVE creator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What's wrong? Is this part III? ... lol, ... one more puzzle from Japan

... but ... 0506 - Hikaru no Go 2 - (JAP) - 128 .... long here ...

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Now this was unexpected... They dumped a demo. They must have been really bored and itching to dump something. I think this is just the first game. Check the site. Logos are exactly the same.

"Taikenban" just means demo. Nothing special.

- Edit -
And it's chess that was played long ago both in China and Japan. Probably Korea too. It's known as "Go" in Japan.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The funny thing about this showing up...just the other day I read a manga from Shonen Jump focusing on this. This is actually a Manga. Some boy from the modern age gets possessed by The "Best Go Player of All Time" *See person with fan behind him*

I just read it the other day and now this pops up =P

D

Deleted User

It seems the game is a demo that was freely distributed with a Japanese gaming magazine.
omg ...
ohmy.gif
... the lucky japanese guys even get gba demos with their gaming-magazines in japan ... you're so lucky if you live there!

anyone know if this was actually a cartridge then (seems so ... why should the word dumped be used otherwise) or just to play on a pc??

kikuchiyo

大阪に生まれた男
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States
As X said it is a chess style game played in the Far East (deeper than chess because bad moves are punished much later than in chess).

Hikaru no Go is an anime about a kid playing the game (or something in that ballpark, I haven't watched it, I don't watch anime much anymore).

The U.S. has gotten cartidges for free too (Nintendo power's done it once or twice) but not any time recently.

Anyway, if you can read some kana and have the basic idea of how to play go, it's fun, but I'd rather get one of the full games.

niGgA

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I hav the actual chess style thing! It is very weird but interesting! But yeah....this game is out of a anime that i watched.pretty good stuff.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1. Go is a very good game ... I play it since some years at http://kgs.kiseido.com/ . It is very old ... but it is NOT !!!! like chess, it is not even similair.

2. Hikaru no Go is a nice anime (not much episodes
frown.gif
) the young blond boy u see at the pic at the top found an old Go board and saw some blod on it. After the gost of these super Go player saw it he went into the boy and played together with him Go because he could never find peace without learning the master move or something like this ....

@kikuchiyo

you really don t watch animes ????? you know that your pics are from a live Action serie of an Anime ... ( Great Teacher Onizuka)

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kikuchiyo! Hisashiburi da na! Haven't seen you post on the front page for a while now. Turning into an Onizuka fan now?
smile.gif

After browsing through some Japanese blogs, it looks like this demo came with the Shonen Jump back in August 2001...

kikuchiyo

大阪に生まれた男
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States
Ohisashiburi nee, X! I've been keeping an eye on things here and with some more free time I'm posting a bit more. You're right though it's been a long time since I've posted to the front page. Hopefully I'l get another chance soon enough. You've been doing an incredible job in the meantime, in anycase.

I've been a GTO fan for a while, but I just got around to changing my avatar and sig. I was originally going to change it to pictures of Misaki Itou but I didn't need geeky guys on the forum asking if I was her.

Youkai: Yeah, I know exactly where my ava and sig are from
wink.gif
I used to be a big anime fan but I can't work enthusasim for much anymore (I still like the old stuff I used to watch, Ranma Urusei Yatsura...I guess the stuff Japanese kids my age would remember from their childhood). I much prefer eiga and dorama these days, especially since my girlfriend makes me watch them with her. I defintely prefer the GTO dorama to the anime. Maybe I'm just growing old...

Turmoil

Trophies
Website
mos.net.au
XP
Country
Hikaru no Go is a great anime, one of my favourites of all time, there are 75 or so episodes in total.
If you really want to play go, the anime helps actually quite a bit as not only do they go into it in great depth in the anime but at the end of each eppisode they have a short real life lesson, where a proferssional teacher helps some junior players work out the game from the very basicis to the more advanced moves. It also shows the importance of the game in japanese culture and just how big and serious it can get.

Gets a double thumbs up from me =]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.