Gaming dementium ward story line

kinya

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Guys, can u explain the story line to me? i beat the game but i dun understand fully about wad the game is talking about..

why is he landed in the hospital? and after i beat the game, why is there still phase 2?

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Haven't played the game personally but please use the spoiler tag
Code:
[SPOILER]spoiler text[/SPOILER]
when mentioning spoilers
smile.gif

Until someone's replies here if the answer you want, I suggest looking over here and browsing the topics.

Hillsy_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've just finished it, so I'll try and explain, I could be wrong so please say anybody. Phase 2 is referring to there being a sequel. The story will continue.. I believe.

Your character was responsible for the murder of your 30 year old wife. You were seen at the crime and you were wounded and taken to the hospital. At that time, your 8 year old daughter was a witness, she saw you at the scene of the crime. As the story unfolds you find a letter addressed to your daughter, from your wife; stating you were not responsible for her death. You were only at the crime scene. A figure (your final enemy - looks like a surgeon) states that this is phase 1. Apparently, when you were recovering from your wounds, the enemy(surgeon) changed you, alter you in some way. Maybe he took away your memory. I believe Phase 2 will be the sequel as this story isn't complete. Many questions could be asked. Why was the enemy(surgeon) operating on you. Where is your daughter now? Is this all a dream, or an illusion? Why are you being framed for murder? Was it your alter-ego? I don't think the story is complete yet...

imz

GBAtemp's vigilante
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Your character was responsible for the murder of your 30 year old wife. You were seen at the crime and you were wounded and taken to the hospital. At that time, your 8 year old daughter was a witness, she saw you at the scene of the crime. As the story unfolds you find a letter addressed to your daughter, from your wife; stating you were not responsible for her death. You were only at the crime scene.
QUOTE said:
yes but remember right before the final cut scene, you wake up on a hospital bed, similarly as to when you start the game, except instead of being dark and a storm outside, it's bright and sunny. Then you walk towards the door and theres the wife and daughter standing before you, does that mean they're alive or is that a dream too?

QUOTEA figure (your final enemy - looks like a surgeon) states that this is phase 1. Apparently, when you were recovering from your wounds, the enemy(surgeon) changed you, alter you in some way. Maybe he took away your memory.

So does that mean that the entire game was a dream? or that you actually lost the fight to the surgeon and he took you and operated on you.

imz

GBAtemp's vigilante
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Imz, spoiler tags frown.gif

oh, sorry about that, I'll change it

QUOTEwhoa.. i cant believe i stopped playing this game.. gonna give it another go..

I also gave up on this game the first time I played it, the save system is just horrid, its extremely frustrating having to play through an entire chapter over and over again just because you find a particular boss or area difficult.

However, one thing that did always interest me about the game was the story, i always wanted to know what happened in the end, so in order to find out but manage to keep my sanity, I used the infinite health cheat code. No I'm not proud of having to cheat but it was the only option for me in order to complete the game.

If they do make a dementium 2 (which they should according to the ending of the first one) there's really a lot of changes they should consider in order to improve it from the first version, but the one thing the developers should DEFINITELY do is listen to the gamers, thats us!! We know what the good and bad points were about the game and we know how it could be made into a more enjoyable experience for us

Hillsy_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@imz..

yes but remember right before the final cut scene, you wake up on a hospital bed, similarly as to when you start the game, except instead of being dark and a storm outside, it's bright and sunny. Then you walk towards the door and theres the wife and daughter standing before you, does that mean they're alive or is that a dream too?

Interesting... maybe you died too, to be with your family. Maybe the surgeon really kills you and the last scene is where you see your family. You are dead, and now rest at peace with your family at your side..

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
People not liking the save system, it's meant to be vastly improved in the EUR release (still not out afaik).
May be worth waiting for, I never finished the USA version either. Kept getting lost lol.

'Moon' looks like it could be pretty tight too, also from Renegade Kid.

imz

GBAtemp's vigilante
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hillsy_ said:
@imz..

Interesting... maybe you died too, to be with your family. Maybe the surgeon really kills you and the last scene is where you see your family. You are dead, and now rest at peace with your family at your side..

What about the second question?

Hillsy_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The question, was it a dream? I don't think it was a dream.. I see the game going either of two ways. Like you mentioned, the surgeon could have operated on you and you died from the operation. At the beginning you have memories of your family when they were alive. Rain and darkness symbolising emptyness and fear. Your family are alive and you miss them. At the final chapter you see them in the light, the sunshine. Sunshine and light symbolise happier times. This could be where you rest. You died and are with your family. The End. But... Maybe the surgeon operated on you and you survived. Altered in a way, ready for the sequel. Maybe when you see your family again at the end, it is a flashback before you lose your memory. Maybe the memories of your family are just flashbacks. Problem is, we don't know how the story will finish. Or if they plan on doing a sequel or not. I think I need to see the part where you first see your family and at the end again. Then again, it took me about 20 or 30 times to (supposely) kill the surgeon in the first place. The rest of the game was fine, but the surgeon I found difficult.

If you liked the story of this try Silent Hill 2. I found the stories in both interesting just not the actual gameplay so much. They could have left out the monsters in SH2, I enjoyed how the story unfolded.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: you could say it fell out.