Gaming Dementium: The Ward

The_Sympt0m

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, this game runs great, I am very impressed. Still think it's kinda odd have horror on a handheld, but oh well. It's not like I'm gonna curl up in the corner of a dark room to play it, although that is always an option.

-Ben
yaynds.gif

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The hit detection kind of sucks. And fending off monsters is kinda hard to time. Although, that was with the volume on low (cause I'm at work), so I can't really tell if I hit or not.

Truliche

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ecuador
The game is great from the very start, Chapter 1 and 2 are just okay but they give you a chance to get acquainted with the controls. Chapter 3 is awesome, graphics are pretty darn nice, sound as well and control is almost as good as a mouse and keyboard.

Pamela

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
click.linksynergy.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm impressed with the games graphics for the DS. The game is good so far, I've only played a little past chapter one because I've been busy. My only issues so far are that the controls for left handed people like myself make the game more of a pain to play and that it's annoying to switch from the flashlight which you need all the time so far to my weapon when needed.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I honestly think people are being WAY too picky about this game.

The graphics are pretty damn good for a DS game. I'm tired of seeing people bitching about the graphics. Srsly. It's NOT a damn PSP, people. The DS, unfortunately, doesn't have such excellent graphics. Dementium is pretty much as good as it's gonna get.

The sound and gameplay is awesome. I never thought I could get scared from a DS game!~

Pamela

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
click.linksynergy.com
XP
Country
United States
I honestly think people are being WAY too picky about this game.

The graphics are pretty damn good for a DS game. I'm tired of seeing people bitching about the graphics. Srsly. It's NOT a damn PSP, people. The DS, unfortunately, doesn't have such excellent graphics. Dementium is pretty much as good as it's gonna get.

The sound and gameplay is awesome. I never thought I could get scared from a DS game!~

I agree that the graphics are great for a DS game. At this point people know what the DS can handle and what it can't, and if they are expecting PSP graphics or anything higher than what it can handle and complain about that in reviews and wherever else it's not fair. I do hope the next DS has better graphics of course, if it's new I would expect it to.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...My only issues so far are that the controls for left handed people like myself make the game more of a pain to play and that it's annoying to switch from the flashlight which you need all the time so far to my weapon when needed.

Hmm...I'm a southpaw too, but I have no problem with the controls. They're basically the same as MPH or BiA DS, and though they may take a bit of getting used to if you haven't already played an FPS-type game on the DS, I find them very second-nature. I actually like how they implemented the weapon / tool system too; it's very easy to switch out on the fly.

My problem with the game, and why I stopped playing after dying to the fourth-chapter boss, is the broken save system. I think it's just ridiculous. I feel bad for folks who bought retail copies of this game, because I'd be plenty pissed. A decent boss always takes at least one or two tries to figure out -- you often die before you get the hang of how to approach the battle -- and there's no way in God's green earth that I'm gonna replay an entire chapter each time I die to a boss. Screw that!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn