ROM Hack Dementium: The Ward Music

Lukav

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, so I've just spent forty-five minutes or so looking at this now, but the file system isn't making a lot of sense to me.

I've tried using VGMTrans, and it does succesfully open the music, although when converted to a MIDI, it sounds absolutely horrid.

I used DSLazy and ripped it apart, but I see no music files. The biggest file being less that 4MB, and all others being 1MB or under.

I'm starting to think that maybe the songs aren't put in there as whole songs, but they're played on the fly with samples?

In VGMTrans, there is 139 Samples, but trying to export one of the WAVE_SE files from a SEQ_THEME folder just dumps all 139 Samples into a folder.

Could anyone with some spare time and knowledge of this sort of stuff take a look at this?

Cheers in advance.

Lukav

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for the double post, but I've gotten (I think) further to my goal.

I managed to find the .sdat file in Dementium, instead of being called something like "sound.sdat" it was called "theWard.sdat" which kind of threw me a bit.

Anyways, I got that from the ROM, and use sdattool.exe and extracted the sdat file, using the proper DOS command sdattool -x theWard.sdat, which gave me all of the files from it.

Now, the thing is, I have no idea how to get these in to a playable format, which will sound like they're meant to, and not a horrible midi version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: where are my cute girls