Gaming Dementium: The Ward lookin' good!

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...But this isn't a rail shooter like Touch the Dead though right? I hated Touch the Dead, it is an horrible game =/

No, thankfully, it's not. A spokeman for the development team described the gameplay as Doom meets Silent Hill. He further went on to say that they gave a lot of attention to the aural aspects of the game.

I can't wait to play this one. The DS really needs more games like this, I think.

T!b0

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
WOW that butcher monster really looks great!

But I can already tell I'll hate those leech like little crawling crap!
Always the most tiny-lurking-ugly-little-you-hear-them-but-don't-know-where-they-are monsters that scare me out... Like in Half Life 2 or Duke Nukem, damn did their noises sent shivers in my back
laugh.gif

Gimmy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Looks and sound very promessing.
QUOTE said:
No, thankfully, it's not. A spokeman for the development team described the gameplay as Doom meets Silent Hill. He further went on to say that they gave a lot of attention to the aural aspects of the game.
Hope they will not exaggerate with the enemies there, the control reminds metroid prime, and it could get frustrating (and stressful enough) to turn with the stylus as it not that quick while hordes of zombies eating your back.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I reckon this game will be really good. I was looking forward to C.O.R.E. but I get the feeling that that title would turn out to be average.

P

pasc

What do you guys have against the Metroid Controls ? I even like them MORE then PC Mouse Contols...

Let's see... if I play Call of Duty 1 with my crappy Mouse it takes ages to turn around, if I play Metroid (with 15 sensibility setting grades) I don't even notice something, it feels natural to me ! OK, if I play BIA on the DS I notice it, but in Metroid I don't, so if the future Shooter for the DS

(Dementium, C.O.R.E, Call of Duty 4 ) get better controls as good / better than Metroid then what do you have against them ?

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you guys have against the Metroid Controls ? I even like them MORE then PC Mouse Contols...

(Dementium, C.O.R.E, Call of Duty 4 ) get better controls as good / better than Metroid then what do you have against them ?

Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say that I enjoy MPH's controls more than PC mouse controls, but I agree, MPH had a pretty stellar set-up, albeit a real hand killer. It was my second game for the DS, and it definitely was quite a workout for my hands. But now that I've played other games that try to do something similar, I really appreciate what they were able to do with MPH. Too bad the overall gameplay kinda sucked. The single-player just wasn't that fun, and online play is only fun in very small spurts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey