Hardware Dell XPS 13 Kaby-Lake or HP Spectre x360 13?

SomeGamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Title says it all. These two are really close performance wise and not cheap at all so I'd like to make the best purchase. Anything that helps me decide is welcome! :P

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are talking about desktop ... Just get Dell. If you are talking about laptop then HP because it has a better long time battery but still get DELL anyway. Since battery doesn't mean anything. Dell is better than HP, really.

Reactions: SomeGamer

SomeGamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
If you are talking about desktop ... Just get Dell. If you are talking about laptop then HP because it has a better long time battery but still get DELL anyway. Since battery doesn't mean anything. Dell is better than HP, really.
Wait what? Talking about laptop BTW, so go Dell in a nutshell?

Reactions: spotanjo3

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait what? Talking about laptop BTW, so go Dell in a nutshell?

Yeah.. just go Dell in a nutshell. :D

I was a long time Dell user (Desktop, that is) before and it was awesome. My brother had a HP (laptop) and was very disappointment with it. So he moved to another brand name of laptop and is happy with it today ever. I advised him and he wasn't listen but now he is. :)

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you would post each ones specs ppl would not have to search both of them and could help you much better.

You are right about specs but it doesn't matter what specs for HP. I know that Dell is better than HP. My brother had a powerful HP laptop before and it was miserable for him. HP really sucks.. big time!

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hmm well we use HP Notebooks at our Company because they felt like they were high quality but actually many are slightly angry with them beeing so bad thats true XD no idea about dell though

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I..personally wouldn't recommend Dell, at all, given notoriety, but to each their own. HP, Lenovo, Acer, Asus or comparable would be better IMO.

wafflestick

(insert title here)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if your in the market for a powerful ultra book both the xps 13 and razer blade stealth are pretty viable options. Not so sure about the spectre because of too many bad experiences with HP. Personaly I just bought myself a razer blade stealth (13.3" version to be precise) and am very happy with it! its sexy, sexy, fast, and sexy but in the end to each their own.

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a word of advice in general for buying a PC or laptop prebuilt, but I personally prefer buying any new computer from the Microsoft store of all places. Why? Because of their signature edition machines (I think that's what they're called) that come with only windows installed and don't have any of the bloatware from the manufacturer.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I first built my first rig in 2003, after getting a job at a PC repair shop. (After seeing how his business was run for 3 months, I didn't like ripping people off like he did, so I quit and I've been providing cheap freelance PC repair since then.)

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I..personally wouldn't recommend Dell, at all, given notoriety, but to each their own. HP, Lenovo, Acer, Asus or comparable would be better IMO.

I don't know your experience with Dell in the past. I had a long time Dell user then Asus and now Mac. Never had a problem with Dell before. I purchased it with my custom build. A custom build is better than just buy it like in Wal mart is a no no unless you are just a beginner then that's fine.

ASUS is good but he asked about Dell or HP, that's why. I am trying to give him my experienced with those two before.

Anyway, HP and Lenovo sucks. I know because I had one before I got Dell later and I advice my brother not to and my brother had HP too and he realized it and hate it. My friend had Lenovo and it was not great either. Acer was horrible. I hate Acer. That's why I am looking at computers technology very carefully. Lenovo and HP are highly NOT RECOMMEND at all. Dell was the best experienced I ever had after I had HP when I was in 20's before I moved to Dell and was very happy with Dell. Then I had ASUS few years ago and it was great computer too. Now, I am a Mac user. That's why I know what I am looking for so I don't waste my money for worthless computers like HP, Lenovo, and Acer. :)

Last edited by spotanjo3,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know your experience with Dell in the past. I had a long time Dell user then Asus and now Mac. Never had a problem with Dell before. I purchased it with my custom build. A custom build is better than just buy it like in Wal mart is a no no unless you are just a beginner then that's fine.

ASUS is good but he asked about Dell or HP, that's why. I am trying to give him my experienced with those two before.

Anyway, HP and Lenovo sucks. I know because I had one before I got Dell later and I advice my brother not to and my brother had HP too and he realized it and hate it. My friend had Lenovo and it was not great either. Acer was horrible. I hate Acer. That's why I am looking at computers technology very carefully. Lenovo and HP are highly NOT RECOMMEND at all. Dell was the best experienced I ever had after I had HP when I was in 20's before I moved to Dell and was very happy with Dell. Then I had ASUS few years ago and it was great computer too. Now, I am a Mac user. That's why I know what I am looking for so I don't waste my money for worthless computers like HP, Lenovo, and Acer. :)

That's what I get for voicing my opinion from my experience, oh well. I'll keep my mouth shut on the manner, not like my opinion matters. I worked in a Dell tech support call center, have a Lenovo laptop for six years, never had a single issue, but yeah, none of that really matters though, it seems. But yeah, you're right, I should redact my opinion fully.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I get for voicing my opinion from my experience, oh well. I'll keep my mouth shut on the manner, not like my opinion matters. I worked in a Dell tech support call center, have a Lenovo laptop for six years, never had a single issue, but yeah, none of that really matters though, it seems. But yeah, you're right, I should redact my opinion fully.

Wow, you worked in a Dell tech support call center, huh ? Neat!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.