Dell Studio - From Garbage to a Very Low End Gaming Laptop

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by jonthedit, Sep 25, 2012.

1. jonthedit
    OP

Member jonthedit GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Bermuda
    Hello. Before you begin to read my thread, I would like to say this. I have had this laptop for only about 3 years. It was never made for gaming. I am aware of that. It has been my goal to somewhat create a sustainable gaming environment within the laptop. This thread is for information on what I have done, and for you guys to help me out on what to do next. I will now present some generic data you should know before helping me.
    Note : All Drivers are Currently Up-To-Date, I check every other week and check today before posting this.

GOAL/QUESTION:
    If I complete my software journey, Is it possible to replace my Integrated chip with a Intel 4000 HD Integrated chip?

BUGS
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Generic Information

Tweaks I Have Applied
    Please note, There are many spoilers because these are screencaps of what I have done so far!
    Service Tweaks
    Battery Tweak
    Windows Information
    Processes
    Msconfig
    Intel Graphic Driver Settings
    Windows AeroShitnits and Other Appearance Settings

Alright guys, there's the general layout with pictures. Now let me continue...
    If you have any ideas THIS SECONDfeel free to help me out. Otherwise, please wait until I finish my thread, which probably will happen tomorrow!

Thanks guy!

2. jonthedit
    OP

Bermuda
    /RESERVED FOR A PAGE 2! [ I know I'll be needing it when I get to the STEAM section! ]

3. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    HD4000s are only present on top of the line Ivy Bridge CPUs. Even if it was possible for you to change the CPU (and I'm sure it isn't the case), your motherboard's chipset wouldn't support Ivy Bridge anyway.

Alas, an Ivy Bridge CPU with an HD4000 would cost something like $200 for a measly Core i3 (which is ages ahead of your current CPU, though).

You'd be better buying an entirely new laptop in that case :P

2 people like this.
  4. jonthedit
    OP

Bermuda
    Alright thanks for the info. In that case I only need software and tweaking advise.