Deleting WBFS-files?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by siliconmessiah, Jan 18, 2011.

1. siliconmessiah
    OP

siliconmessiah GBAtemp Regular

Dec 31, 2010
    United States
    United States
    I have a drive with a couple of games in WBFS format. I used WiiFlow to delete a game that I didn´t want.
    Will I now have problems if I decide to install another game on the drive? Anyone?

2. bazamuffin

bazamuffin RESIDENT DILF

Feb 1, 2009
    Shmashmortion Clinic
    Nope, just install new game and carry on. No reason why you should have a problem as long as the game is in the correct format on the drive and readable by Wiiflow.

3. siliconmessiah
    OP

Dec 31, 2010
    United States
    United States
    Ok. Thanks.
    The reason I asked was because I´ve done a bit of reading, seeing that deleting old WBFS-games and installing new, could screw some games up. But the old threads didn´t give me a real answer. Maybe that was a long time ago?

4. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    are they wbfs files on fat32 or WBFS files? if their the later than it's still an issue deleting and installing wbfs files over and over again there is a small chance your drive will get corrupt. that's why many use fat32 partitions now.

5. siliconmessiah
    OP

Dec 31, 2010
    United States
    United States
    Yeah. I run in WBFS, the reason for that is simply that I started off with that, and has not bothered to change it into FAT32. Maybe I should do that, just take the time to re-format & reinstall the games, for increased stability?

6. zizer

zizer GBAtemp Addict

Aug 23, 2010
    it is good decision