Deleting pending ofw update on cfw?

Mike_77712

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently started Dragonball Z ultimate tenkaichi from my external hdd as an iso but apparently it had some sort of system update in the disc files I'm guessing because after booting the game it kicked me to the "connect controller to ps3 via usb cable screen" which is the system update screen if I'm not mistaken. I tried restarting my ps3 but it still took me to that screen. Am I screwed? Surely there's some way to delete the pending update since I didn't physically start the install yet. For reference: I'm running evilnat 4.89.2 and I do have my dump.hex. I'm worried because that's an old game and I'm sure it has some ancient version of ofw on it.

PS: I've tried going into recovery mode but I can't get it to work (Held down power button as I turned it on and heard one beep then 2 consecutive beeps and got sent right back to the connect controller with usb screen.

Attachments

• 751347CD-3AE6-4409-B0E2-1E75DF8CB128.jpeg
    751347CD-3AE6-4409-B0E2-1E75DF8CB128.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 68
Last edited by Mike_77712,

Mike_77712

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there was an update on the disc, it would've warned you on the xmb
That does make sense. any idea what it could be then? Figured I'd ask for help before connecting the controller and pushing forward and doing something irreparable

Edit: Now that I think about it I did replace an eboot in the game folder before converting it to an iso. It was called Dragon_Ball_Z_Ultimate_Tenkaichi_EBOOT_PATCH_TB_PS3

Last edited by Mike_77712,

Mike_77712

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually problem solved, after I connected my controller it said the system couldn't start properly and to press the ps button to restart or to press select +start with a usb connected that has 4.89 firmware or later. I hit the ps button and it booted me back into cfw with that 'system wasn't turned off properly last time blah blah blah' sorry for the bother mate

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually problem solved, after I connected my controller it said the system couldn't start properly and to press the ps button to restart or to press select +start with a usb connected that has 4.89 firmware or later. I hit the ps button and it booted me back into cfw with that 'system wasn't turned off properly last time blah blah blah' sorry for the bother mate
You can turn off that warning in debug settings. It's disable improper shutdown warning.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr