Deleting NNID, will I lose installed CIAs?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Hasm12, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Hasm12
    OP

Hasm12 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 21, 2018
    United States
    Hey, I am giving away my 3DS, but I want to delete my NNID first (as in fully delete the account, not just remove it from the 3DS, as I have another one and just want to get rid of this one). Problem is the micro SD is filled with CIAs and I want them to stay where they are.

Can I go ahead and delete it or are they linked to the NNID meaning I will lose everything? If the latter, is there any way to keep them somehow eg backing them up somehow first?

2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo and his tropane alkaloids

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    They are definitely not linked to the account (even original digital games are not directly linked to the NNID, which you never needed to buy them), however I assume the only way to delete the account from the console forces you to factory reset it

Simply logout manually (by deleting the act driver's save on ctrnand with GM9) then delete the account from a PC, if possible, or by contacting Nintendo

3. Hasm12
    OP

Hasm12 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 21, 2018
    United States
    Ok thanks. Doesn't say anything on the Nintendo homepage about a factory reset as the last step but I guess that doesn't mean it won't happen.