Misc Deleting my NNID? What will happen?

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, I noticed I have no idea what email I gave Nintendo when setting up my NNID. It didn't matter for a long time, cause I did not use the eShop anyways. Now (with 10.4 EmuNAND available on N3DS), things have changed, and I'm getting that stupid email confirmation nag each and every time I want to use the eShop. I also noticed there's no way to find out which email I gave them without the passwort (which I also forgot), and there's no way to reset the password without the email-adress. Maybe I even wrote it wrong, but I also forgot the password... Great! :/

Now, I don't have any money on my eShop, and I also haven't purchased anything yet. I do have some CIAs installed with savegames that I don't want to lose, though. So, is it save to delete the NNID and just set up a new one? Or is there any other way?

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Anyone? I know this is not the most frequented area of the forum, but any help would be appreciated.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it will basically erase anything associated with the ID, game purchases (which I see you don't have any) and things. you also can't re-create one with the same name.

if you want to keep the ID name, you could probably call Nintendo about it. your console won't be formatted or anything if you delete it but digital apps from the eShop might be unusable, even free ones. (at least until you make another one)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

one thing I have tried is linking an ID to a 3DS + Wii U, and deleting it on the Wii U. the 3DS will not delete anything from the SD card, but when you try to do anything relating to ID functions, it will unlink it from the console and digital downloads (not tested with installed .CIA files) were not usable until I linked a new one.

I don't know if this will solve your problem but here you go

Last edited by ihaveahax,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Watching the fallout series it is pretty decent +1