Hacking Deleting left over tik files from wiiware or vc games?

Social0

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
I was wondering. You need to have the wad files in order to uninstall them.

So if I want to uninstall a VC game I use the uninstaller togethr with the VC game I installed to delete the channel and tik.

Now, what if you don't have the wad file anymore and you still wish to delete the tik file after you manually deleted the channel?

Does anyone have any ideas for this?

elfsander

Trophies
Website
microse.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
We really need a decent file manager for the Wii.. and someone crazy enough to create one
tongue.gif

bennydigital

Trophies
Website
n
XP
Country
United States
Some people say formatting your wii gets rid of all the wii shop purchases others say it doesn't
According to nintendo.
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/w...data.jsp#format
Format (Erase) Wii System Memory

This option is used to delete ALL Channels and ALL save data that have been added to the Wii console and will wipe the system memory clean, as it was when purchased new. Please note that if you also have a Wii Shop Account, that data should be deleted first (click here for instructions).

To delete ALL Channels and save data
1. Access the Wii System Settings screen (how to).
2. Click on the left blue arrow twice to reach the Wii System Settings 3 menu options.
3. Select "Format Wii System Memory."

4. If Parental Controls are set, enter the PIN.
5. If you are sure you want to erase the Wii console's system memory, select "Format."

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/w...p#deleteAccount
Erasing Wii Shop Account

Note: You should format your Wii Shop Channel and Wii console's system memory prior to selling or otherwise transferring your Wii console to any third party. (For information about privacy and the protection of your personal information, click here.)

To clear information from the Wii Shop Channel, including records of your transactions and rights to download software:

1. Access the Wii Shop Channel.
2. Select "Settings" from the list of options.
3. Select "Remove Wii Shop Channel Account."

Once completed, all information will be erased.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I'm assuming you have knowledge of creating WADs. If you don't, look around.

Basically, the WAD Uninstaller only searches for files with the same four digit Title ID as the WAD you're trying to uninstall. It doesn't matter which WAD you use, as long as it carries the same Title ID as the one you're trying to uninstall.

Now, you're probably wondering how you get the Title ID without having the original WAD. There just so happens to be an ELF called Title Lister that lists all the tickets found on your system.

Run Title Lister and write down all of the Title IDs that begin with the letter signifying which console your WAD was for. Normally, you'd have to Install new WADs to obtain this information, but I'll be generous and provide it:

R - Wii Originals
A - WiiWare
H - Wii Channels
F - NES
J - SNES
M - Genesis
N - Nintendo 64

That should help you narrow it down.

Then, all you have to do is grab AutoInjectuwad(or a Hex editor) and make any WAD with the same Title ID and it'll uninstall.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Were actually bots