Hacking deleting everything off my wii

keganonthedunes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay fellas, i've installed things i should and things i probably shouldn't have, and the backup loader is getting ruined and stuff, and i'm so confused to what i have and don't have that i just want to erase all the stuff i've added since i first added the homebrew channel, like all the IOS's and stuff. How would I go about doing this?

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
not trying to be rude or to offend you in any how buddy , but this has been answered many time so far and there is even a tutorial on the forum for it , so please use the search button and find it , thanks
wink.gif

Shinigami Kiba

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
BIG MOE said:
not trying to be rude or to offend you in any how buddy , but this has been answered many time so far and there is even a tutorial on the forum for it , so please use the search button and find it , thanks
wink.gif

to be fair dude, searching on forums like this can get pretty damn confusing and troublesome, especially when you have a problem and want things done.
If i knew what exactly he needed i would've explained or linked him to it, I don't understand why people get bitchy when new members come and ask the same stuff over and voer, sometimes it's easier to ask and follow instructions by a human than just reading text, sometimes some people don't even know where to start reading since there's a ton of info on everything.

Posts merged

QUOTE(keganonthedunes @ May 13 2009, 05:58 AM) well if my wii didn't have some IOS's in the first place then it shouldn't be bad to delete those IOS's right?

dude, don't do anything until you read up on this, trust me.
I might sound paranoid but one wrong button press can and WILL brick you, don't delete stuff even if you installed it, be patient im sure someone will help you.

keganonthedunes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
poooooo. well i hope it's soon. basically, first I had backups of zelda twilight princess and animal crossing city folk, and they both worked fine, then i got metroid prime 3 and it got to the part where it said "press A to start" and kept giving me a "disc not loading please read the manual" thing every time, so i went and downloaded the read retry fix and installed it, and not only did that make metroid still not work, but it also kept animal crossing from loading. twilight princess still loads, though. so i just said "eff it i'll install usbloader", so i installed that and installed cios rev10, and then realized that i don't have any usb sticks in my house that could hold even one iso. so all i'm asking is for a way to start over with nothing except the homebrew channel so i can re-install 3in1softmod_rev3 and hopefully get ALL my backups working. if anyone could help that would be great.
also don't give me solutions dealing with burning issues, i've burned in every speed from 1x to 8x using DVD-Rs with the three isos that i have MULTIPLE TIMES. it should be obvious that it's not a burn error seeing as how all the games used to work (except the file loading for metroid prime 3) and now they don't ever since i installed cios rev10 and read retry fix.

theoperator288

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shinigami Kiba said:
BIG MOE said:
wink.gif

to be fair dude, searching on forums like this can get pretty damn confusing and troublesome, especially when you have a problem and want things done.
If i knew what exactly he needed i would've explained or linked him to it, I don't understand why people get bitchy when new members come and ask the same stuff over and voer, sometimes it's easier to ask and follow instructions by a human than just reading text, sometimes some people don't even know where to start reading since there's a ton of info on everything.

Posts merged

QUOTE(keganonthedunes @ May 13 2009, 05:58 AM) well if my wii didn't have some IOS's in the first place then it shouldn't be bad to delete those IOS's right?

dude, don't do anything until you read up on this, trust me.
I might sound paranoid but one wrong button press can and WILL brick you, don't delete stuff even if you installed it, be patient im sure someone will help you.

I couldn't agree more. It is difficult at times in these forums to find exactly what you are looking for.
I'm not a pro, but it does help if you give us more info. For instance what system menu are you running? If you are on 3.2 I would suggest running IOS Downgrader, and cIOS Downgrader. Both of those will take all of your current IOS's and make them fresh (gets rid of CIOSCORP or other cIOS). I'm sure there are more steps, especially if you had preloader, which is now simple if you use NANDCLEANER.dol to clean everything off from the preloader install. Small step, hopefully someone with more knowledge can help you on your way.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
YOU NEVER DELETE ANY IOSs... besides the ones above 200. If you want to to get rid of CIOSCORP or something you can overwrite those IOSs with their original Nintendo counterparts, but you NEVER delete them.
(yes I'm repeating myself but there have been so many people that bricked their Wii this way)

Shinigami Kiba

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
my advice, edit your first post, explain everything clearly, what you did, what went wrong, what IOS's and stuff you have installed, wii version and everything.

Use paragraphs and make the post clear, the Wii is a tricky system dude, I keep installing WiiWare games to a minimum let alone undertaking something as dangerous as doing what you want to do without explaining everything in great detail first.

don't worry about being annoying cause the way the system is, everyone has somewhat different set ups and one little thing could sometimes screw you over.

keganonthedunes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
which means it should delete IOS249 and all the IOS's i've installed myself right?
Shinigami Kiba said:
my advice, edit your first post, explain everything clearly, what you did, what went wrong, what IOS's and stuff you have installed, wii version and everything.

Use paragraphs and make the post clear, the Wii is a tricky system dude, I keep installing WiiWare games to a minimum let alone undertaking something as dangerous as doing what you want to do without explaining everything in great detail first.

don't worry about being annoying cause the way the system is, everyone has somewhat different set ups and one little thing could sometimes screw you over.
well that's the thing, i've done so much crap i can't even remember what i've done! if you look in post #7 it has most of what i did, and all in that order too. that's all i can tell you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.