Gaming Deleting cracked VC games??

chadders

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I actually tried installing these cracked VC games yestarday, only got DKC2 to install fully, just got the code error on the others, very impressive work by the guys who figured out how to do this.

But, and heres my question,

I think i am of the same view as bushing and the other who said this should not have been done and even though as i said above, this is impressive, i would now like to remove the installed games from my wii system.

I think i can go to the wii system memory to delete the games but as i understand, this must still leave some information behind as i think i can still go to the wii shop channel and redownload the game for free.

SO, what i am asking is, if there is some very clever Wii scene'r who might know what these games are leaving behind, if anything, and if they may have any insight into how i and im sure some others may go about getting rid of these remaining bits of info without messing up the Wii.

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can or may have already figured this out, your work is much appreciated!!!

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
i dunno....in your wii shop channel it doesnt show that you've already downloaded the games in your account history. If you completly remove everything like the dual channel remover did then i guess there would be no traces left on the wii.

I mean with the dual channels, before i removed them okami didnt need an update, after i removed them completly okami needed an update.

Falco20019

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I also think that this could be done by changing the ids of the tickets that are deleted by the channel remover. Afaik, the thinks remains are tickets with ids, so they should be deletable.

King Zargo

I'm a Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
chadders said:
so will something have to be changed in the channel remover to work with VC games, is that right?????
Yes, this would be a smart move. ATM I am so paranoid I wont install any VC games.

I wont risk bricking it over 5 euro.

Kenshin2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
why all people thing they brick their wii´s

do you really think nintendo will brick your wii with an update from your region? never

Sonic4Ever

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well this is strange. I always thought the only way to re-download a VC game was to buy one. I think this fact isn't linked with the tickets. If it was, so we should see the Homebrew Channel in the downloaded apps in the Wii Shop...

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chadders said:
if thats the case, it would also delete the tickets for VC games i have bought so i wouldnt be able to download them again would i???

Yes, formatting your Wii changes your Wii's ID number and you will lose all the games you bought as well and can not re-download them without buying them again.

Sonic4Ever

Trophies
XP
Country
France
jumpman17 said:
chadders said:
if thats the case, it would also delete the tickets for VC games i have bought so i wouldnt be able to download them again would i???

Yes, formatting your Wii changes your Wii's ID number and you will lose all the games you bought as well and can not re-download them without buying them again.

I really doubt that. Have you tried it?

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sonic4Ever said:
jumpman17 said:
chadders said:

I really doubt that. Have you tried it?

No, I don't need to try it when Nintendo has announced this.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/w...data.jsp#format

Sonic4Ever

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey man I was going to format my own Wii to experiment xD You saved my Mario Kart save file (wich can't be copied I think).

I think the best way is just to delete the games, in normal ways. I really think Nintendo doesn't matter about that ticket history. And if they, just buy the games, so the tickets will be overwrited.

jay1369

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This is great guys! There are actual free offers that you can complete to earn stuff. Each point it equal to one dollar so signing up and completing offers is really worthwhile. PM me if you have any other questions!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night